To get to South San Francisco you have to take 101 heading south. Once you pass the suburbs of Daly City, on Gellert Boulevard is Orchard Supply Hardware, and also one of the most haunted places in the San Francisco bay area. Here you can get whatever you need for that do-it-yourself project, haunted house and holiday decorating you have been putting off for so long, or you can see the ghost of a girl who was raped and murdered one year before it became O.S.H.
Employees have seen a figure walking and report hearing footsteps that seem to be the sound of high heels (no one wears high heels). Others also report screaming and laughing, as well as boxes moving. She likes to blow in men's ears and girls with long hair often feel a slight tug. One report of a worker that had just shrink-wrapped a pallet -- the power went out and there is a 5-second delay for the generator to kick on. In that 5 seconds, something completely unwrapped the pallet.
Who this girl is remains a mystery, but the even when Orchard Supply Hardware is empty, someone remains.
More Haunted places in San Francisco and Halloween ideas:
- Best Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils for Children and Adults
- Spooky and Festive Halloween Appetizer Ideas
- Cheap Adult Couples Costumes for Adults from Harry Potter to True Blood
- Cheap Halloween Costumes You Can Make at Home from New Moon to Where the Wild Things Are to Wolvarine
- Where the Wild Things Are Costumes: Part 1
- Really Kewl South Park Halloween Costume Ideas
- Where the Wild Things Are Costumes: Part 2
- Halloween Inspired Drinks Perfect for Your Party
- Plastic Bag Witch Costume
- Scariest Movies for Halloween
- Haunted San Francisco: Golden Gate Park's Haunted Lake Stow
- Haunted San Francisco Bars: Trax Bar