Despite confirmation that Obama's Office of Management and Budget ordered the Park Service to close off and barricade the outdoor World War Two memorial, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., blamed Republicans in a tweet on Wednesday.
The Twitchy staff said Reid's tweet was "proof" that the Democrats’ attempt to block vets from visiting the memorial "is motivated purely by spite."
"Our heroes are nothing but political pawns to worms like Reid," Twitchy added.
Users on Twitter responded angrily to Reid's tweet.
"Obama denies vets access to #WWIIMemorial, Dems vote against funding memorials/Holocaust Museum,and Reid blames GOP?" one person said.
"[Y]ou dishonor the patriots who so valiantly fought for the US, as the daughter of a WWII vet I say- shame on you Harry Reid," another person added.
According to another report by Twitchy, a spokesperson for the Parks Service confirmed the administration ordered the memorial to be barricaded.
"We were instructed to do this by OMB," one Park Ranger reportedly said.
A tweet by deputy White House press secretary Eric Schultz suggested the memorial is being used by the administration as a pawn in its battle with House Republicans.
"Anyone ask the very GOPers upset w/ the WWII mem if they'd support a clean CR? EVERY memorial would reopen, as would the govt," he tweeted.
But Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, said Obama went "out of his way" to order the memorials closed.
Worse yet, the administration has threatened to arrest veterans from Ohio scheduled to visit Washington next week.
Lee Armstrong, president of Honor Flight of Northwest Ohio, said that when he called the park service, he was told the veterans would face arrest.
"I said, are you kidding me? You're going to arrest a 90/91-year-old veteran from seeing his memorial? If it wasn't for them it wouldn't be there. She said, 'That's correct sir.'"
According to Armstrong, the park service employee refused to give her name and promptly hung up the phone.
The partial government shutdown took place after Reid refused to consider multiple House GOP proposals to fund the government while defunding or delaying Obamacare.
- NY Mag writer: Keep vets out of WWII memorial with aging Nazi soldiers
- Obama throws tantrum over Obamacare defunding, says military may not get paid
- Liberal New Republic suggests Obama use military against Tea Party
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Louisiana veterans group building facility to help homeless vets, families
- Washington Post on shutdown: ‘Off with their heads,’ ‘Line ’em up and shoot ’em’
- Harry Reid forces gov’t shutdown, Ted Cruz offers salary to charity
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
- Military drills in major cities alarm citizens, raise fears of government action
- Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens
- Obama implies GOP to ruin Christmas over Obamacare funding
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.