When it comes to non-traditional holidays, Oct. 21 ranks right up there! Not only is it Reptile Awareness Day and the delicious National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day, it is also Count Your Buttons Day! No foolin'!
Count Your Buttons Day
Like many non-traditional holidays throughout the year, the origins of Count Your Buttons Day are unknown. But nobody is quite sure what on earth the holiday actually means!
- Today is the perfect day to get out the ole' needle and thread and sew those buttons back on.
- If you have celebrated National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day a little too much, perhaps this is the perfect time to count all the buttons on your shirt to make sure they are all intact and haven't popped off?
- Maybe today is the perfect opportunity to hone those counting skills and just start counting every button on your shirt, pants, coats, etc.
- People collect all sorts of things. Why not start a button collection?
- Perhaps a button-maker invented this day to honor other button-makers?
- Instead of saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch," why not come up with your own cryptic saying that includes "Count your buttons" like "Don't count your buttons before they match."
Regardless of how you decide to celebrate, or not, happy Count Your Buttons Day.