The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will explore a year in the life of Grammy-winning country star Miranda Lambert with its "Miranda Lambert: Backstage Access," which opens May 16 and runs through Nov. 9, 2014.
Today, in an April 23 media release, hall of fame reps shared more info about the exhibit, which will feature gowns, stage costumes, awards and more.
For starters, opening weekend festivities will include a songwriter session featuring Lambert’s Pistol Annies' bandmate Ashley Monroe, a songwriting program for families and a free film screening. Later in the month, songwriters Nicolle Galyon, Natalie Hemby and Jimmy Robbins will participate in a songwriter round.
“Miranda Lambert is one of contemporary music’s most popular and acclaimed artists, and for good reason,” Museum Director Kyle Young said. “She’s a dynamic performer; an emotive and powerful vocalist whose voice is equally at home with lyrics tough or tender; and a songwriter with a deft touch for feeling and place.
"Her numerous hits, from empowering anthems like 'Gunpowder and Lead' to introspective set pieces like 'The House That Built Me,' are rich contributions to country music’s storytelling tradition. We are looking forward to taking our visitors behind the scenes with Miranda during her amazing successes in 2013.”
Lambert’s fifth album, "Platinum,"is set for release June 3. The first single, “Automatic,” is her highest charting first-week single to date.
Among the artifacts included in "Miranda Lambert: Backstage Acces"s are the following:
- Roberto Cavalli gown with plunging neckline Lambert wore at the 2013 CMA Awards
- Blue vintage-style lace dress Lambert wore in her music video for “Mama’s Broken Heart”
- Rolling pink wardrobe case from Lambert’s Locked & Reloaded Tour with Dierks Bentley
- Black Ani & Ari corset with pink flames Lambert wore at LP field during CMA Music Fest
- Jovani dress embellished with chains and studs worn at the 2013 ACM awards
- Custom Gibson acoustic guitar with pink finish and pearloid pickguard
- A prototype of the Miranda by Miranda Lambert platinum-colored boots worn on the "Platinum" album cover
- Outfit Lambert wore in the “We Were Us” music video with Keith Urban
For more information about the Country Music Hall of Fame, please visit countrymusichalloffame.org or call 615-416-2001.