All of the measures passed the Senate Judiciary Committee on a largely party-line vote, Twitchy said.
One of the bills heading to the Senate is an “assault weapons liability” bill that would make “assault weapons” manufacturers and retailers responsible for crimes committed with weapons they make or sell.
Other bills include a high-capacity magazine ban, a bill that would force gun purchasers to pay for background check fees, gun restrictions for domestic violence offenders and universal background checks.
"Colorado is the same state where lawmakers have proposed using ballpoint pens, rape whistles and safe zones as an alternative to people defending themselves with a gun. Additionally, the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs advised women to urinate and vomit on an attacker," Jason Howerton wrote at The Blaze.
In one hearing, rape survivor Amanda Collins recalled her attack and said that it could have been prevented had she been allowed to carry a gun on college.
But Democratic state Sen. Evie Hudak shot her argument down, claiming statistics were not on her side.
“You said that you were a martial arts student, I mean person, experienced in tae-kwon-do, and yet because this individual was so large, was able to overcome you even with your skills, and chances are that if you had had a gun, then he would have been able to get that from you and possibly use it against you," Hudak said.
Fox said that about 20 Colorado sheriffs stood in opposition to two of the measures -- the expanded background checks and the bill limiting magazine capacity -- calling them unenforceable.
Speaking out against the bill to limit magazine sizes, Pueblo Sheriff Kirk Taylor said it "just doesn't make any sense from our perspective."
Nevertheless, all of the bills passed through the committee and are scheduled to be debated on the Senate floor on Friday. According to Fox, some of the measures have a strong chance of passing the Democratic-controlled Senate.
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members, repeal of Second Amendment
- Gun control measure in Colorado could ban popular standard shotgun
- Joe Biden to Field and Stream: Fire shotgun through the door
- NY Democrat calls gun supporters 'gun toting tea party psychotards' in email
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Democratic lawmaker: Obama must 'exploit' murdered children to get gun control
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
- GOP Rep. accuses Obama of using fake Twitter accounts in gun control fight
- Joe Biden: No law-abiding citizen ‘has any fear that their constitutional rights will be infringed’
- Oregon Democrats propose gun confiscation bill requiring warrantless inspections
- White House petition calls for Sen. Dianne Feinstein to be tried for treason
- Missouri GOP rep. uses gun confiscation bill for target practice
- Oregon state senator calls for gun registration, laughs about shooting victim
- Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass
- New NRA ad: Politicians 'don't rule' Americans or 'give us rights'
- Company designs targets with pictures of armed children, pregnant women
- Biden claims shotgun easier for women to use than AR-15; Gun expert disagrees
- Bill by Missouri GOP Rep. would make proposing gun control legislation a felony
- Washington gun control proposal said to violate Fourth Amendment to Constitution
- Annual inspection requirement axed from Washington gun control proposal
- Mexico to ask for registry of guns in border states, national media silent
- Communist Party USA backs Obama gun grab, calls Second Amendment obsolete
- Missouri Democrats propose law giving gun owners 90 days to turn in weapons
- Minnesota Democrats pushing gun confiscation bill similar to Missouri's
- Wisconsin Democrats circulate legislation to ban hunting ammunition
- Arkansas governor signs law allowing concealed guns in churches
- Iowa Democrat: Ban and confiscate semi-automatic guns
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.