Rockstar Games provided the change log for the forthcoming 1.08 patch of “GTA 5” on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. According to an update from the official Rockstar Support website on Dec. 17, the latest title update will be made available tomorrow on the Playstation Network and Xbox Live.
The 1.08 patch of “GTA 5” adds the capture mode to “GTA Online.” It features 20 new jobs based on four variations of the classic Capture the Flag match type. Players won’t have to pay any additional fees in order to access the new contents.
Furthermore, Rockstar Games decided to address various exploits. One of which gives players access to North Yankton while the other provided the ability to duplicate vehicles, which resulted in an infinite amount of money. You can find some screens of the capture mode DLC, as well as several other shots, in the slideshow to the left of this article and the massive change log below (courtesy of Rockstar Support):
- Increased cash payouts for losing teams in Last Team standing and Team Deathmatch.
- Increased the cash and RP rewards for Races with multiple laps.
- Cash payouts for Parachuting now take points scored into account.
- Improved spawning for Deathmatches where the spawn points were previously very far apart.
- Improved support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian in the Creator.
- Calling the mechanic now shows you if a vehicle on the list is destroyed or impounded.
- Team balancing does a better job of putting friends and crew members together.
- BETA Crew Head to Head matches are now available to play. To initiate a Crew Head to Head, you'll need to create a Playlist that does not contain Vehicle Deathmatches, Survivals or any Jobs that require more than 2 teams. From there, go into My Playlists and you'll see a prompt for Head to Head (BETA). This will launch the lobby and you'll be able to invite other players from your Crew, Friend's Crews or Skill Matched Crews.
- Player blips no longer remain red on Missions when the player has a Bounty.
- Players who end a Race as DNF are now awarded cash relevant to the amount of checkpoints they passed through during the course of the Race.
- Players who race solo now earn cash. Previously, zero cash was awarded for a solo race.
- Last Team Standing, Capture and Missions are separated out in the Create Playlist menu.
- Small deduction to the amount of cash the winners of Races, Parachuting and Last Team Standing matches receive in order to increase payouts for all other participants.
- Masks are now removed during Races where a helmet is required and are also removed by default when a player uses the Smoking animation.
- The Purchase All Ammo option now charges the full value of filling all player held weapons with ammo.
- Fixes an issue where GTA Online players could reach North Yankton.
- Fixes a rare issue where characters could be lost if the player attempted to join GTA Online when disconnected from the Network.
- Fixes for various duplicate vehicle exploits.
- Fixes issues when using the Character Select from inside the Creator.
- Fixes issues with ammo vanishing after testing a Deathmatch in the Creator.
- Fixes exploits of the Fastest Lap bonus.
- Glasses from the Beach Bum update now appear in the inventory menu.
- Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating.
- Bad Sport timers now read properly and show the correct time left in the Bad Sport lobby instead of “00d00h00m”.
The aforementioned infinite exploit was discovered after the recent 1.07 patch. The method involves the cooperation of two players with a garage full of cars. A big sum of in-game cash is needed in order to start the exploit, however. Rockstar Games appear to quickly address the newly discovered glitch with the 1.08 title update for “GTA 5.”