Georgia is the worst

Gov. Sonny Perdue
Gov. Sonny Perdue
AP Photo

Comments

• Ethan: Macon Real Estate Examiner 5 years ago

Warner Robins consistently ranks #1 in the state as one of the best places to raise your children, according to Business Week

It is also in the top 10 for the entire US, as the most business friendly small cities. (Forbes/milken)

Maybe you just need to get out of Atlanta for awhile. I would be happy to show you some houses in the middle GA area.

Or take a trip to Detroit, and then you will realize how good you have it!

www.ethanhutten.com

*Comments won't allow links to the articles

• Georgian 5 years ago

One really great thing about Georgia, is that there is no wall or fence keeping certain people from leaving -- you know; if they find it so horrible.

D'Juan, another great article, and riddled with facts that are too hard to ignore. Obviously, we're not only the meanest city to the homeless, but to everyone who questions how fabulous Georgia is. I'm paraphrasing here, but just like "Georgian" said, "If you don't like it down here, then get the f#@* out." So welcoming, so hospitable, so ready to change our state for the better, so ready to encourage people to come and visit all our "greatness." I guess it's those happily living in sh@* who don't want any change for the better. So intelligent.

• That guy 5 years ago

I wonder how large a government grant one gets for taking "Level of Contentment" polls from homeless people. It must be a pretty good scam. Then the coat-tail riders can write tearful accounts revealing ---- Oh my God! It sucks to be poor! Wow, like we didn't know. How many homeless people live at your house D'Juan?

"A [Populist] is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." -G Gordon Liddy

• some chick 5 years ago

Wow, That Guy. You would pick THAT as your criticism. Never mind questioning why there are so many homeless people in the first place (might it be related to educational issues you also just ignored?). Never mind pollution, bank failures and the unusual percentage of prisoners. Yes, how DOES one find out how mean Georgia is to the homeless?? Because, really, that IS the [i]only[/i] significant thing that stood out in this article.

Do I agree that's one of those random statistics that does deserve a little questioning? Yes. But is it really the main thing you took away from this? If so, no wonder Georgia's going down the crapper.

• Jack 5 years ago

Geez. I've been here five years (Augusta) and knew there was something wrong (thought it was me) but lately I've discovered a lot more folks who've tried this place and are sorry. All the city and state literature and headhunter promos paint every Georgia city as a Southern paradise, but it's a different matter once you get here. Many native folks here are morose, intolerant and cliqueish. The older folks can be just downright bigoted, white or black. Bosses at work here like to act as if they own you, constantly attempting to encroach on your privacy and personal life, jockeying for more time with less pay. The school systems are constantly diddling with CRCT test scores in order to look well and obtain more government money, yet many working adults here cannot spell or articulate correctly. It is easy to get trapped here if you purchase a home, as it has become a buyer's market; due to the low wage rates, the market has gone soft. Nightlife here is downright dangerous.

• Andy 5 years ago

I agree with the article. Anyone that has ever truly ventured out of Georgia to other parts of the world or even the country for that matter would understand clearly. Georgia has to be the worst state in the union. Don't take it from us, look at the stats. 48 out of 50 states in education. Thats pathetic. I am not going to debate with anyone because I know insanity when I see it.

• Amanda 5 years ago

Can't wait to leave I have been here 8 years. People are rude, and if you have allergy problems you will feel sick all year. I moved here because I was told it would be a great place to find work, and the jobs are scarce and really pay terribly. I could live with that if people were pleasant, but they are not. So skip Georgia especially if you have children schools I hear are awful.

• Bruce 3 years ago

Every state has its god and bad. Georgia has one of the lowest cost of living. The climate is mild (at least for a former Northener). Overall the states education is bad, but we are in North Georgia, and the schools are impressive. No other state has GHP (Georgia Honors Program) or the hope scholarship. The drivers, salespeople, and general people are very friendly.