GamesCom 2013 is just around the corner and with it a whole slew of rumors regarding all the major players in the video game industry. The latest set of rumors comes out of a very reliable source on the NeoGaf gaming forum's. I cannot confirm or deny any of these, but when asking personal sources I was given a "some are" response.
Regardless, they're interesting enough to report on, and the rumors are as follows:
- No Live Stream at Gamescom for "real reasons." Xbox 1 architecture not fully complete. Latest version of SDK from a couple of weeks ago dropped performance by 15-20% across the board. He says this thing happens all the time as a part of console development, and will eventually get fixed. But there is NO chance of early October release...
- Certainly not for 21 countries. As we know they already dropped down to 13 countries. The "localization" excuse is bullshit. Period. "TRUTHFACT." It's an excuse nobody with common sense would consider. If you cross reference against the languages spoken, and official and other languages is said country. He said yield issues 2 months ago and the "chicks have come home to roost." I'm not sure what the next part says... "Knock ons for launch title" 1 smart glass etc. Instead of 180's coherent vision? They are paying the price now?
- Late October Launch is set for PS4. Sony's SDK is fully ready, and you can basically "master2 final right now. Today." Not sure what that means, but sounds like the console is basically ready.
- FYI, though people were mad about Bayonetta going exclusive to Wii U, you'll be somewhat unhappy about what MS is money hatting with Platinum. Other Japanese devs are "in play" too, but Kamiya is the only 1 he's 100% sure about. The game is not for North America or Europe, which doesn't make sense.
- Big Park cancelled a game. It was a MOBA. 100% Dead. The whole studio is now focusing on TV services. All the best talent went to Big Tusk or left MS entirely. Rare is still Kinect focused, regardless of what you guys may have heard.
- New Indie publishing policy is not yet set. It will be post launch. (Regarding Xbox One)
- Early September surprise.
- Apologize in advanced. Everything I saw over the last 24 months was no chance of Kinectless SKU. It was solid and concrete info. Well, about that...Whispers of optional Kinect (not in Box, SKU happening early next year). Enough smoke now to point out the fire before the announcement in September.
If these are hard to understand, its because the rumors are posted with the need of translation (thank you phosphor112 for that). So yeah... Xbox One development issues on top of a Kinectless based SKU. A PS4 release date lining up with the previous October 21st rumor and Platinum games getting money hatted by Microsoft to do something exclusive.