Sony Computer Entertainment has revealed the official fact sheet for their recently-announced Playstation 3 exclusive title, Until Dawn, for the GamesCom 2012 event. Several new details, including the Playstation Move motion controller functionality and amount of playable characters, were disclosed. You can check out the first screenshots of the “Teen Horror” video game in the slideshow at the top of this article in addition to the GamesCom 2012 fact sheet below:
- Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Developer: Supermassive Games
- Platform: PlayStation®3 (PS3™)
- Genre: Teen Horror
- Release: 2013
- Rating: “RP”
Until Dawn features all the elements you'd expect from your favourite teen horror movies: a script that’s funny, sexy and scary; a beautiful young cast; an isolated location; a devious killer; a dark secret and of course that all-important twist. Developed exclusively for PlayStation 3 by Supermassive Games, Until Dawn will make you look at your Move Motion Controller in a totally different way, as it becomes your torch guiding you through the dark as you attempt to survive Until Dawn.
One night, eight teenagers, a remote mountain on the anniversary of their friend’s mysterious death ... The power’s out, there’s no phone reception and you’re trying to get the blonde cheerleader to notice you. What could possibly go wrong?
- A thrilling adventure, exclusively for PlayStation Move, featuring accessible and intuitive motion control gameplay, with one-to-one mapping making your character’s hand feel like your own
- Use your motion controller as a torch to light the shadows, tune radios, fire shotguns, solve puzzles and more
- Face your fears alone or take a cue from the on-screen cast, and pass your motion controller torch over to a friend
- Play as 7 different characters throughout the story, watching their relationships evolve over the course of the game
Until Dawn is currently being developed by Supermassive Games. Sony Computer Entertainment will be publishing the “Teen Horror” video game when it launches exclusively for the Playstation 3 in North America sometime in 2013.