A Coral Springs, FL, witness assumed the "hovering sound" heard outside his bedroom window was a helicopter or low flying plane until noticing a circle of burnt out grass and indentations on his lawn, according to February 11, 2014, testimony in Case 54024 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness explained the odd circumstances from January 30, 2014.
"I was sleeping at the time," the witness stated. "Heard an object hover for awhile. Maybe five minutes. A bit later I heard what I think was a helicopter or low flying plane. I never got up. Was too tired. Wish I had."
Nearly two weeks later the witness was outside talking to a landscaper.
"I mentioned this root I was standing on and not remembering it being there. He brought to my attention that it wasn't a root and in fact was part of a circle that has formed. When I stepped back I was floored. There was a circle with burnt out grass in the center. This is when I put two and two together because it's right out my bedroom window. To be clear I never saw the object, but did hear it."
"Photos were taken a couple weeks later. One depicts the edge and depth of indentation. The picture with the holes in the ground appears to be some type of stabilization probe. Just guessing. The other picture shows the circle. I will tag grass samples and save in case you are interested."
Coral Springs is a city in Broward County, FL, population 121,096. Florida has a UFO Alert Rating of 3 with a high number of recent reports. Florida was the 3rd highest reporting state with 49 reports in January 2014 - while California had 102 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
Recent reports of low flying UFOs from around the country include:
- Arizona witness photographs red glowing disc UFO at tree tops
- Florida witness recalls 'being' watching from hovering UFO
- New York witness says sphere UFO moved close
- Disc UFO over Virginia exhibits odd flight pattern
- Phoenix witness asks for help identifying UFOs
- Washington witness reports 'entity' crossing highway
- Witness considering UFOs disguised as jets
- UFO sighting? Don't run away - object may be back
- Traffic brakes for hovering triangle UFO over small New Hampshire town
- Slow moving cigar UFO reported under 500 feet by Missouri witness
- New Jersey witness says Facebook photo captured UFO that hovered over house
- Connecticut witness 'didn't stick around' after encountering triangle UFO
- Witness follows cylinder UFO spotted at tree top level over North Carolina
- Triangle UFO reported low over Ohio field
- Giant silent sphere UFO with lights reported over Georgia town
- Oklahoma witness says object 'size of a van' hovered over her home
- Silent low flying UFO spotted moving over Oregon town
- Triangle UFO reported dipping below tree line in Michigan town
- Low flying orange UFO made U-turn while Arkansas witness watched
- UFO reports wanted: Washington witnesses say disc-shaped craft too big to miss
- Florida photo capture looks like disc UFO
- Low flying orb UFO observed hovering before darting away over California town
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or man-made. If Florida MUFON investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.