From HBO comes the Golden Globe and Emmy-winning medieval fantasy television series Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season created by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss. It is based roughly on the first half of George R. R. Martin’s novel A Storm of Swords, the third book of the best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series. The third season of Game of Thrones features returning cast members Emmy and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage, Michelle Fairley, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Aidan Gillen, Iain Glen, Kit Harington, Richard Madden, Maisie Williams, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Sophie Turner, Jack Gleeson, Alfie Allen, Rory McCann, Charles Dance, Jerome Flynn, Conleth Hill, John Bradley, Gwendoline Christie, James Cosmo, Stephen Dillane, Carice van Houten, Liam Cunningham, Sibel Kekilli, Rose Leslie and Natalie Dormer. New cast members in the third season include Ciarán Hinds, Diana Rigg, Mackenzie Crook, Clive Russell, Nathalie Emmanuel, Kerry Ingram, Paul Kaye, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Ellie Kendrick, Richard Dormer, Kristofer Hivju, Philip McGinley, Tara Fitzgerald, Tobias Menzies, Anton Lesser, Ian McElhinney, Michael McElhatton and Noah Taylor.
- Giveaway: Enter here for a chance to win a free copy of Justin Long's new romantic comedy film A Case of You on Blu-ray - Expires 2/20/14
- Giveaway: Enter here for a chance to win a free copy of Haunter on Blu-ray starring Abigail Breslin - Expires 2/28/14
In this epic drama set in the grounded fantasy continent of Westeros, ambitious men and women of both honor and ill-repute live in a land where summers and winters can last years. In the third season, family and loyalty will be the overarching themes where the battling families of Westeros continue to clash as bonds are strained and loyalties are tested. Many critical plot points from the first two seasons will come to a violent head, with several major characters meeting cruel fates. While a primary focus continues to be on King’s Landing, where the Lannisters barely held onto power after a savage naval onslaught from Stannis Baratheon, stirrings in the North threaten to alter the overall balance of power in Westeros. Robb Stark, King of the North, will face a major calamity in his efforts to build on his victories over the Lannisters in the second season, while further north, Mance Rayder and his huge army of wildlings begin an inexorable march south to scale the Wall. Across the Narrow Sea, Daenerys Targaryen – reunited with her three deadly, fast-maturing dragons – attempts to raise an army of slaves to sail with her from Essos to Westeros, in hopes of eventually claiming the Iron Throne.
The DVD and Blu-ray bonus materials in Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season include multiple featurettes, extended and deleted scenes, and audio commentaries. Additional features exclusive to the Blu-ray release include interactive guides, illustrated histories, and an extensive feature on the creation of “The Rains of Castamere,” containing nearly two hours of never-before-seen material, as well as new looks at the infamous “Red Wedding.”
- “Valar Dohaeris” - In the Season 3 premiere, Jon meets Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, as the rest of the Night's Watch survivors move south. Meanwhile, in King's Landing, Tyrion wants his reward, Cersei hosts a royal dinner and Littlefinger makes Sansa an offer she may not be able to refuse; and across the Narrow Sea, Daenerys travels to Slaver's Bay in search of a ship and new alliances.
- “Dark Wings, Dark Words” - Arya encounters the Brotherhood without Banners, while her brother Bran encounters a mysterious group of followers on the other side of the world. Jaime and Brienne continue their journey towards the capital, while the capital itself welcomes the arrival of the infamous Queen of Thorns, who invites Sansa to lunch upon her arrival.
- “Walk of Punishment” - Daenerys meets with Kraznys to make a deal for an army, and tempts the slaver with an offer he may not be able to refuse. Meanwhile, Tyrion is given new responsibilities to which he is decidedly unsuited; the Night's Watch Rangers retreat to a familiar place; Jon and Mance Rayder examine the carnage at the Fist of the First Men; and Catelyn says good-bye to her father.
- “And Now His Watch is Ended” - Frayed nerves and empty stomachs test the mettle of a depleted Night's Watch at Craster's. Meanwhile, Margaery takes Joffrey out of his comfort zone, and gives Sansa a glimpse of the future; Arya meets the leader of the Brotherhood; Varys plots revenge on an old foe; Theon mournfully recalls his missteps; and Daenerys deftly orchestrates her exit from Astapor.
- “Kissed by Fire” - The gods judge the Hound, but men pass their judgment on Jaime. Meanwhile, Jon passes a crucial test; Robb is betrayed; and Tyrion learns the cost of weddings.
- “The Climb” - Robb considers a compromise to mend his alliance with House Frey; Melisandre visits the Riverlands; Tywin plans strategic unions for the Lannisters; Jaime's fate is in Roose Bolton's hands; Jon prepares for a dangerous climb with the Wildings.
- “The Bear and the Maiden Fair” - Dany exchanges gifts with a slave lord outside of Yunkai. As Sansa frets about her prospects, Shae chafes at Tyrion's new situation. Tywin counsels the king, and Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry. Brienne faces a formidable foe in Harrenhal.
- “Second Sons” - King's Landing hosts a wedding, and Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together. Dany meets the Titan's Bastard. Davos demands proof from Melisandre. Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman.
- “The Rains of Castamere” - Robb presents himself to Walder Frey, and Edmure meets his bride. Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift. Daario and Jorah debate how to take Yunkai. House Frey joins with House Tully.
- “Mhysa” - In the third-season finale, Tywin is challenged by Joffrey; Bran tells a ghost story; an unusual act of mercy plays out at Dragonstone; and time will tell if Daenerys is a conqueror or a liberator.
- Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister
- Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister
- Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen
- Kit Harington as Jon Snow
- Richard Madden as Robb Stark
- Iain Glen as Jorah Mormont
- Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark
- Aidan Gillen as Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
- Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister
- Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth
- Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon
- Carice van Houten as Melisandre
- Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell
- Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Brandon "Bran" Stark
- Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
- Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
- Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy
- Jack Gleeson as Joffrey Baratheon
- John Bradley as Samwell Tarly
- Oona Chaplin as Talisa Maegyr
- Joe Dempsie as Gendry
- Rose Leslie as Ygritte
- Sibel Kekilli as Shae
- Rory McCann as Sandor "The Hound" Clegane
- Conleth Hill as Varys
- Jerome Flynn as Bronn
- James Cosmo as Jeor Mormont
DVD Special Features:
- A Gathering Storm - Look back at the stormy events of Season 2 in this 14-minute recap with cast and crew.
- Inside the Wildings - Go beyond the Wall with this introduction to the wildings to gain a better understanding of their backstory.
- The Politics of Marriage - The concept of matrimony in Westeros is all about making power plays and political alliances. Cast and crew examine this ancient institution and its place in Game of Thrones.
- Audio Commentaries - 12 audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Michelle Fairley, Kit Harington, Richard Madden, and more.
- New Characters - Meet the new faces in Season 3: Olenna Tyrell, Missandei, Mance Rayder, Tormund Giantsbane, Orell, Jojen & Meera Reed, Blackfish & Edmure Tully, Thoros of Myr, and Beric Dondarrion.
- Deleted Scenes/Extended Scenes - Five deleted and extended scenes.
Blu-ray Special Features:
Includes all DVD Special Features plus:
- In-Episode Guide - In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories.
- "The Rains of Castamere" Unveiled - Get an in-depth look at the creation of the most pivotal episode of Season 3 in this comprehensive exposé featuring cast and crew.
- Histories and Lore - Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
- Roots of Westeros - Explore the interconnected web of relationships, rivalries, and conflicts between the noble houses of Westeros with this interactive guide.
- Amazon.com - Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season Limited Edition with Blu-ray Combo Pack housed in a collectible sculpture where Daenerys's dragon from the Season 3 poster art takes center stage with its impressive 3D wingspan and tail, wrapping around the core of the piece. Created in durable heavy weight material, the highly textured collectible is finished with a weathered look evoking the feel of Westeros and a bygone era. With a wink to fans the back is engraved with "Dracarys", a word from the Valyrian language playing homage to wildfires and dragons. The collectible also contains a hidden compartment which houses The Complete Third Season.
- Barnes & Noble - Free Game of Thrones tote bag when you purchase Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season on DVD or Blu-ray Combo Pack.
- Best Buy - Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season Blu-ray Combo Pack with choice of packaging featuring the sigils for House Stark, House Targaryen, and House Lannister.
- Target - Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season Blu-ray Combo Pack with bonus Blu-ray disc containing 2013 90-minute Emmy panel with Game of Thrones cast and crew featuring Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), author of A Song of Ice and Fire book series George R.R. Martin, and creators/executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
- Walmart - Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season Blu-ray Combo Pack with bonus disc containing "Creating the World with Visual Effects" featurette.
- DVD - $24.99 at Amazon.com, Best Buy, Target, $34.96 at Walmart.com
- Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $29.99 at Amazon.com, Best Buy, Target, $39.96 at Walmart.com
- Amazon.com exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack Limited Edition - $89.99
- Barnes & Noble exclusive DVD with tote bag - $47.99
- Barnes & Noble exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack with tote bag - $63.99
- Best Buy exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack featuring the sigil for House Stark - $29.99
- Best Buy exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack featuring the sigil for House Targaryen - $29.99
- Best Buy exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack featuring the sigil for House Lannister - $29.99
- Target exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack with bonus Blu-ray disc - $29.99
- Walmart exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack with Visual Effects bonus disc - $39.96
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.