Sony Computer Entertainment has released an official fact sheet for their upcoming Playstation 3 exclusive title, God of War: Ascension. The document revealed a few new details regarding the story of the action-adventure game in addition to providing a list of features for the single-player campaign and multiplayer (which is a first for the series). You can check out the latest screenshots in the slideshow at the top of this article and the fact sheet below:
- Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
- Developer: Sony Santa Monica Studio
- Platform: PlayStation®3 (PS3™)
- Genre: Action-Adventure
- Players: Single-player/Multi-player (up to 8 players)
- Launch Date: March 12, 2013
- ESRB Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending
Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) Santa Monica Studio, God of War: Ascension is a prequel that will show Kratos' emotional path of vengeance, while detailing the rise of his rage to break free from Ares' bond. Epic cinematic storytelling, visceral battles, and blockbuster moments will all be present, along with various enhancements, including a revamped combat system and a brand new online multiplayer mode that combines the brutal gameplay and large-scale battles that the God of War ® series is known for to create a brutal multiplayer experience like no other.
Set in the realm of Greek mythology, God of War: Ascension is an epic adventure that takes players back in time to experience the climactic journey of the ex-Spartan warrior Kratos as he seeks freedom and vengeance. After being tricked into killing his wife and child by Ares and breaking his blood oath by swearing vengeance against him, Kratos is sentenced to spend eternity in a titan-sized prison for the living damned. Fighting insanity at every step, his strength is pushed to the limit as he seeks to break free from his fate and gain the clarity to seek revenge on his former master. Armed with his trusty Blades of Chaos, Kratos must take on mythology’s darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest for freedom and redemption.
For the first time ever in a God of War game, players can compete in online multiplayer battles that combine the brutal combat style that fans know and love with unique objective-based game modes designed for up to 8 players. Create and customize your very own warrior avatar, and pledge allegiance to one of four gods to earn and unlock a variety of weapons, armor, special attacks and more in the quest to become a champion of the gods.
For more information about the God of War franchise, visit www.GodofWar.com.
SINGLE-PLAYER KEY FEATURES
- TETHER COMBAT SYSTEM – Introduction of tether combat mechanic (attach chains to swing enemies as a wrecking ball to destroy enemies) and tether world mechanic (using tether to manipulate the environment)
- PROMPTLESS MINI-GAMES – Context-sensitive quick-time events are simplified, giving players more control and freedom over finishing moves and cinematic kills
- WORLD WEAPON SYSTEM –Expand Kratos’ repertoire of attacks by utilizing weapons found in the environment or snatched from enemies’ hands, complete with all new combat moves and attacks
- BRAND NEW PUZZLE CHALLENGES – Solve unique gameplay puzzles and freeze enemies in their tracks by controlling the flow of time itself with the new Life Cycle Mechanic.
MULTI-PLAYER KEY FEATURES
- INNOVATIVE MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE – Combining the brutal combat style that fans know and love with unique objective-based game modes designed for up to 8 players, God of War delivers an online multiplayer experience like no other. Featuring game modes like Deathmatch and Execution, God of War: Ascension takes online multiplayer to levels of brutality.
- AVATAR SYSTEM – Follow in Kratos’ footsteps by creating a customizable warrior and battling through the ranks to become a champion of the gods. Pledge your allegiance to one of four gods and earn favor (XP) to unlock new armor, weapons, special attacks and more.
- INTERACTIVE COMBAT ARENAS – Each multiplayer arena features environmental hazards, traps that can be triggered by players, power-ups to use against opposing teams, and enemy AI creatures to take down as a team.
God of War: Ascension is currently being developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica Studio. The action-adventure video game will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment when it launches exclusively for the Playstation 3 platform in North America on March 12, 2013. You can pre-order the product in the following link: God of War: Ascension