Beans and broccoli, plain oatmeal and plain bran cereal: You know that these fiber-rich foods are good for you, reducing your cholesterol and filling you up to boost your weight loss. But they're not exactly the tastiest foods on the planet. So we sampled a variety of options that are high in fiber to find out which ones actually will appeal to your palate as well as enhance your health.
And the winners are (click the highlighted links for more details):
- They start with "b" but they sure don't taste like broccoli! With just 90 calories each, fudge-fabulous General Mills Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies contain 20 percent of your daily fiber needs and are intensely delicious.
- Made with oat bran, Dukan Diet Oat Bran Cookies Chocolate Chip are low in calories and big in flavor. Try with a cup of tea for the perfect mid-afternoon pick-me-up!
- You don't usually associate the word gourmet with fiber...until you taste FiberGourmet Half Calorie Crackers, Cinnamon and Sugar flavor!
- If you're crazy about cranberries, you'll go cuckoo for Barbara's Bakery High Fiber Cereal, Cranberry flavor. It's the perfect choice to kick-start your day.
- Dr. Mehmet Oz of the popular health talk show "Dr. Oz Show" recently revealed that his go-to order at movie theaters is a big cup of popcorn. It's high in fiber and ideal for satisfying your desire to crunch. You won't have to stress about calorie control if you choose a portion control product, such as Pop Secret Snack Size 100 Calorie Pop for the microwave.
- And if you're on a wheat-free diet, we've got a tasty solution for getting in your fiber: Nature's Path Organic Granola Bars, Pumpkin-n-Spice, Flax Plus.