Call it part of that "new tone" we've heard so much about. Doug Ellin, creator of HBO's "Entourage," issued a tweet suggesting Duck Dynasty would be improved if gays shot at Phil Robertson, Twitchy reported Sunday.
"I think it would be a better show if gay people got to throw phil Robertson (sic) up in the air and shoot at him then (sic) him shooting at cute ducks," he tweeted.
Liberals, of course, would have us believe they are all about "tolerance" and "non-violence." That works as long as one marches in lock step with them. As we have documented hundreds of times, all bets are off when it comes to someone with a different point of view. One then learns that liberalism is really an ideology of intolerance, rage and hate.
Not everyone was impressed with Ellin's message.
"[F]reedom of speech is only important when it applies to the liberal agenda. C'mon Doug. That's weak," one person said in response.
”I didn't say he couldn't speak," Ellin replied.
While Ellin is correct in that he never said Robertson couldn't express his view, he did suggest that Robertson be shot.
One person took Ellin's argument to its logical conclusion.
"Oh look, this hate spewing Hollywood democrat 'actor' @mrdougellin is calling for the MURDER of Phil Robertson," one person said.
"Like all liberals, you are pure f*****g EVIL," the Twitter user added.
In another tweet, Ellin suggested Robertson hunt Conrad Alvin Barrett, the 27-year-old man charged with a federal hate crime in connection with a "knockout" assault against an elderly black man that authorities have said was racially motivated.
"Let’s have the duck dynasty guy hunt this guy as penance," he tweeted.
On Friday, A&E said that it was lifting Robertson's suspension after meetings with the Robertson family and various advocacy groups.
- Denver Post: Phil Robertson a 'hate speech spewer,' fans are 'hate-watchers'
- Jesse Jackson demands Phil Robertson 'repent', turn from Christian view on gays
- Gay sex columnist to Bill Maher: I wish all Republicans were f-----g dead
- Denver Post scrubs 'socialist' from profile of Arapahoe High School shooter
- GLAAD melts down, falsely claims Phil Robertson compared gays to terrorists
- A&E lifts suspension, welcomes Phil Robertson back to Duck Dynasty
- Jesse Jackson, GLAAD demand meeting with A&E, Cracker Barrel over Phil Robertson
- National 'Chick-PHIL-A' day event supports Phil Robertson, free speech
- Goodbye free speech: GLAAD seeks to censor those critical of homosexuality
- Despite blowback, GLAAD researching, may target others sponsoring Phil Robertson
- Mike Huckabee: Facebook deliberately censoring pro-Phil Robertson event page
- Facebook smacks admin of Boycott A&E page for getting too many likes too fast
- A&E’s suspension of Phil Robertson proves liberals do not support free speech
- Camille Paglia: Duck Dynasty suspension 'utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist
- CNN's Piers Morgan: First Amendment doesn't apply to 'racist' Phil Robertson
- Boycott A&E movement grows after network suspends Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.