It's probably safe to say that Egyptian media won't be portraying Barack Obama as "god of all things" anytime soon. An Egyptian media source has actually taken the opposite position, portraying the president as the devil himself, PJ Media reported Wednesday.
Raymond Ibrahim, author of "Crucified Again: Exposing Islam’s New War on Christians," said the Egyptian paper Al Wafd published a grotesque picture portraying Obama as Satan, and said it represents the growing hatred many people in the region have for the president, thanks, he said, to Obama's staunch and unwavering support for Islamists and jihadis, "whether in Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, or Syria — even as they terrorize, murder, rape, and burn down Christian churches, that is, even as they engage in diabolical activities."
A blog post at the Gateway Pundit wondered if the media -- including Fox News' Bill O'Reilly -- would denounce the image as racist, reminding readers of the controversy sparked by a series on the History Channel where a character portraying the devil had an uncanny resemblance to Obama.
A post at Atlas Shrugged says that while the world "respected the forceful and decisive Bush," they "scorn and disrespect the weak and feckless Obama, and therefore us."
News of the picture broke the same day Obama said the world, not him, set the "red line" on chemical weapons use in Syria.
Al Wafd, Ibrahim said, is a popular outlet widely read in Egypt.
The photo has been making the rounds on the Internet, and has been mentioned by a number of blogs. The so-called "mainstream media," however, has not covered the photo as of this writing.
- Newsweek cover depicts President Obama as 'god of all things'
- James Carville blames Bush for lack of support for war in Syria (Video)
- President Obama Linked to Muslim Brotherhood
- Obama blames world for 'red line' statement, points finger at Congress (Video)
- Going to war for all the wrong reasons
- Nancy Pelosi says she consulted with five-year-old grandson on Syria (Video)
- Troops on Facebook express disagreement with attack on Syria
- Egyptian paper: Barack Obama member of Muslim Brotherhood
- Did John Kerry use a picture from 2003 to push for war in Syria in 2013?
- Bill Maher: Tea Party would support Obama on Syria if they weren't racist
- Report: Obama to attack Syria even if Congress votes no
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews: GOP calling Obama 'Obama' attempt to 'delegitimize' him
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.