In a series of videos sent to his fans recently, Dr. Mehmet Oz has been supplementing his show with information about concerns ranging from general health to diets. It's part of his announcement that he has a new magazine, entitled: "Dr Oz the Good Life" (click for details including how to subscribe).
His number one weight loss tip: Automate meals to win the battle of the bulge. It's just one of the hundreds of tips in Dr. Oz's best-selling weight loss book: "YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management" (click for details).
"If you spend your days obsessing about the number on the scale, you're not living the good life," says Dr. Oz. Instead, automate to lose weight.
How it works:
- Find diet-friendly breakfast choices, lunch items and dinner selections that you enjoy.
- Whenever possible, stay with one of these carefully portioned plans.
- Be sure to keep these foods on hand by buying them when you shop.
In addition, Dr. Oz recently devoted his online blog to unveiling the top belly-fat busting foods. They include:
- Yogurt made with "live and active cultures." It boosts your immune system and keeps you full. Our favorite tip: Learn to make your own yogurt, with an inexpensive yogurt maker such as the Euro Cuisine YM80 Yogurt Maker (click for details).
- Sunflower seeds contain vitamin E, iron and selenium, a known anti-inflammatory that can help combat belly fat storage. Our favorite tip: Get small bags and keep a bag in your purse, car or office desk, such as David Seeds Original Sunflower Seeds (click for more information).
- Black beans curb your appetite. Our favorite tip: Try using black bean soup served over steamed broccoli for a filling dinner, or replace fattening salad dressing with heated black bean soup, such as Dr. McDougall's Right Foods Black Bean Soup.
- Pears are high in fiber, low in calories and contain antioxidants.
- Whole grains keep your blood sugar stable with fiber.