In a series of videos sent to his fans recently, Dr. Mehmet Oz has been supplementing his show with information about concerns ranging from general health to diets. He devoted his Dec. 8 video to explaining his number one weight loss tip: Automate meals to win the battle of the bulge.
"If you spend your days obsessing about the number on the scale, you're not living the good life," says Dr. Oz. Instead, automate to lose weight.
How it works:
- Find diet-friendly breakfast choices, lunch items and dinner selections that you enjoy.
- Whenever possible, stay with one of these carefully portioned plans.
- Be sure to keep these foods on hand by buying them when you shop.
In addition, Dr. Oz recently devoted his online blog to unveiling the top five belly-fat busting foods. They include:
- Yogurt made with "live and active cultures." It boosts your immune system and keeps you full.
- Sunflower seeds contain vitamin E, iron and selenium, a known anti-inflammatory that can help combat belly fat storage.
- Black beans curb your appetite.
- Pears are high in fiber, low in calories and contain antioxidants.
- Whole grains keep your blood sugar stable with fiber.