Dr. Oz revealed his picks for the best inexpensive anti-aging wrinkle creams and products on the Jan. 10 episode of the Dr. Oz Show.
The best part is, these anti-aging solutions are inexpensive and chemical-free. These potent age fighters include the following:
1. Vitamin B3 cream. Dr. Oz called this "Botox in a bottle" because vitamin B3 repairs skin by improving blood flow to produce visibly softer, wrinkle-free skin.
- Look for vitamin B3 (or niacin/niacinamide) on the label.
- Apply the vitamin B3 cream to your face and neck twice a day.
2. Bearberry extract. Dr. Oz said bearberry extract is a powerful way to get rid of age spots, which all woman get at some point because of free radicals and sun exposure. Bearberry extract works by slowing the melanin-producing process.
- Look for bearberry extract (or arbutrin) on the label.
- Use it for six weeks. "It took a while for your age spots to form, so it'll take a while to get rid of them," said Dr. Oz.
3. Epsom salt bath for weight loss. Dr. Oz said you can take an inch off your waist and thighs by taking a 10-minute bath in Epsom salt (or magnesium sulfate), which draws out toxins and excess fluids. One woman demonstrated live on the Dr. Oz Show how an Epsom salt bath helped her lose an inch off her waist and another inch off her thighs.
"It's naturally anti-inflammatory," said Dr. Oz, who said the weight loss is temporary, but the anti-toxin effect of an Epsom salt bath is not. Plus, the bath is relaxing and inexpensive.
- Add two cups of Epsom salt to your bath water and soak for 10 minutes.
- Do this two or three times a week.
Three Anti-Aging Pills That Fight Wrinkles
Dr. Oz's second age-fighting guest was dermatologist Dr. Tess Mauricio, who said there are three different supplements that can help you turn back the hands of time. "After four weeks, you are going to see results," said Dr. Mauricio.
These anti-aging supplements include the following:
1. Lipowheat. Dr. Oz said Lipowheat (which are vegetarian liquid capsules) smooth wrinkles out and give your skin a radiant glow from the inside out. These ceramides (or fatty molecules) have proven effective in clinical trials for protecting the skin from the elements and locking in moisture. You should take 350mg of Lipowheat every morning.
2. Oral collagen. Dr. Oz recommends the pill form of collagen to prevent wrinkles. He said oral collagen has been shown to keep hair and nails youthful while also enhancing bone and joint health. It costs about $12 for a month's supply.
- Make sure it contains hydrolyzed collagen on the label.
- Take 2,000 mg on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
3. Polypodium Leucotomos Extract, or PLE, protects your skin from damaging ultraviolet rays. It's sunscreen in a bottle, said Dr. Oz.
Dr. Mauricio suggested using both a topical sunscreen in combination with the antioxidant-rich PLE supplements. Dr. Oz said a month's supply of PLE costs about $10.
- Look for Polypodium Leucotomos Extract on the label.
- Take 20mg of PLE 20 to 30 minutes before going out into the sun.
- Increase your dosage for prolonged sun exposure.