Dr. Oz said liquid detox cleanses cause rapid weight loss and torch belly fat on the Jan. 27 episode of the Dr. Oz Show.
"Juice and food cleanses are hotter than ever!" said Dr. Oz, who said a detox cleanse strengthens your immune system and invigorates your entire body.
Dr. Oz's guest was Dr. Alejandro Junger, author of Clean Gut. In addition to weight loss, Dr. Junger said detox fasts prevent heart disease, cancer, insomnia and depression.
Junger said his 3-day all-liquid cleanse detoxifies your body from the damage caused by too much processed food and helps melt away body fat. The 3-Day All-Liquid Cleanse involves the following:
- Only liquid meals for three days (no solid food allowed).
- Your diet will be three liquid meals and one liquid snack per day.
- You should consume 14 to 20 grams of protein a day.
- Your diet must include healthy fats.
- One cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- Plant-based protein powder (one scoop)
- Almond butter (four tablespoons)
- One tablespoon vanilla extract
- Stevia as sweetener.
- One apple
- One cup of coconut water
- One avocado
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh ginger.
- Cup of spinach
- One cucumber
- One stalk of celery
- Lemon juice
- One-half apple.
Dinner: A warm bowl of vegetable soup.
Dr. Oz has previously recommended Dr. Mark Hyman's 10-Day Detox Diet, which can help you lose 10 pounds in 10 days.