Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Dr. Oz details 80/20 diet for 10-pound summer weight loss in 4 weeks

Dr. Oz reveals May Diet for rapid 10-pound weight loss, chronic pain relievers
Fox screengrab

Dr. Mehmet Oz shared tips for losing 10 pounds by Memorial Day on the April 30 episode of the Dr. Oz Show ("The May Diet: Lose 10 Pounds Before Memorial Day").

Dr. Oz's audience wants to get in swimsuit shape before summer begins, so he suggested following the "May Diet," which involves an 80/20 eating plan. What this entails is making 80% of your plate at every meal low-glycemic vegetables and the other 20% protein and fats.

Dr. Oz said this macronutrient combination will ensure you get enough high-fiber vegetables as well as protein and fat to keep you from feeling hungry. By following Dr. Oz's "May Diet," you can lose 10 pounds within the next four weeks.

Dr. Oz recommended meals of shrimp with stir-fried vegetables, grilled chicken with roasted peppers and broccoli with avocado, and scrambled eggs with asparagus and tomatoes.

A Low-Glycemic Diet works by preventing surges in blood sugar, which fuels inflammation and weight gain. When you keep your blood sugar and insulin levels steady, you experience less hunger and prevent fat storage. Dr. Oz also suggested taking a B-complex vitamin every day to boost your metabolism.

Dr. Oz said one way to jumpstart weight loss is to have a liquid dinner of a hearty soup. Eating less in the evening speeds digestion and primes your body to use fat rather than store it overnight.

Natural Remedies For Chronic Pain

On a separate segment, Dr. Oz revealed how to relieve chronic pain. Dr. Oz's guest was integrative medical practitioner Vicky Vlachonis, author of The Body Doesn’t Lie.

Vlachonis suggested the following natural pain remedies:

  • Start your day with stretching exercises to strengthen your body and calm your mind.
  • Epsom salt baths reduce inflammation and help you de-stress. Epsom salt, or magnesium sulfate, is an ancient remedy that has been shown to remove toxins from your body and relieve aches and pain.
  • Sea buckthorn supplement every morning soothes inflammation and boosts energy.
  • Nettle tea in the morning detoxifies your body and gives you natural energy.
Report this ad