Nail polish is the fastest growing segment in the cosmetic industry with a record-breaking $768 Million dollars being spent on nail products in 2012, a 32% increase over 2011.
Now the “it” accessory, nail polish is a fun, fast and economical way to express individuality and unlimited creativity with 6 out of 10 women reporting that they have experimented with new nail trends such as glitter, crackle and shimmer.
According to the March 2013 Nail Care and Polish Consumer Report from the NPD Group, color choice is the driving force behind nail polish purchases with over 60% of consumers reporting that selection by brand name is not a factor as long as they get the color they desire.
Recent studies have raised concern about the safety of gel manicures causing many women to forgo this in-salon service and utilize social media such as Pinterest and Instagram for nail inspiration and DIY home manicures.
1. Remove polish and wash hands with warm, soapy water.
2. Use a gentle exfoliator such as CND Citrus Moisture Scrub to polish and condition hands.
3. Massage a small amount of cuticle remover such as CND Cuticle Eraser into the nail plate and surrounding skin to condition cuticles and prevent cuticle build up and hangnails.
4. Condition nails and cuticles with a cuticle oil such as CND’s SolarOil, InStyle Magazine’s 2013 pick for best cuticle oil.
5. Shape nails with nail file then wash hands to remove excess oil and debris before application of a base coat such as CND’s Stickey Base Coat. Be sure to seal edge of nail with basecoat to prevent chipping.
6. Follow with 2 light coats of polish shade of choice
7. Complete application with a UV protecting top coat such as CND’s Super Shiney Top Coat to prevent chipping and prevent yellowing of nails for UV exposure.
Coming soon, a review of CND's revolutionary Vinylux