In an op-ed at the Des Moines Register, retired columnist Donald Kaul called for, among other things, a repeal of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, the forced elimination of the NRA as an organization, and the death of gun owners who refuse to give up their arms, Newsbusters reported Monday.
"Here, then, is my 'madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore' program for ending gun violence in America," he wrote.
"Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a 'well-regulated militia.' We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right," he wrote.
"Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did," he added.
Kaul said he would also "raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional."
After saying he would make "ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony," Kaul announced that he would punish such ownership with the death penalty.
"If some people refused to give up their guns, that 'prying the guns from their cold, dead hands' thing works for me," he wrote.
After saying he would kill gun owners who refused to give up their guns, Kaul issued a threat against Republican leaders.
"Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he added.
He concluded his violent rant by saying that if killing gun owners, shredding the Constitution and torturing GOP leaders didn't work, he would "adopt radical measures."
Kaul's rant is only the latest call for violence against those who support the Constitution and the right to keep and bear arms. Since the tragic Newtown shooting, liberals, including a member of the Texas Democratic Party Executive Committee, have called for murdering law-abiding gun owners and supporters of the NRA.
By publishing his call for violence against those with whom he disagrees, Kaul proves, yet again, that liberalism has become an ideology of genocidal hate and rage.
Readers of the column took the Register to task on the paper's Facebook page.
"I just read the column by Donald Kaul. Does your paper really endorse that mindset? I am shocked and dismayed by the utter lack of 'civility' which the left claims to have a monopoly on. The fact that you allow such garbage to be published in your paper shows your contempt of the constitution, and of conservatives who support it," one person wrote.
"I am stunned and appalled that your paper would publish, as if it were acceptable, the kind of hate speech spewed by Donald Kaul on Tuesday. I challenge you, Donald Kaul or any other knee-jerk extremist to give me any stats on NRA members who've gone on mass murder shooting sprees," added the Twin Cities Gun Owners and Carry Forum. "I am the 99.9% and I call you out for promoting and furthering the witch hunt against law abiding citizens."
"So your paper condones death threats and threats of violence? How liberal of you," another person added.
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Report: CNN's Piers Morgan upset Americans posing with guns in Christmas photos
- New York paper to publish more legal gun permit holder information
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio sending armed volunteer posse to protect schools
- Daily Beast op-ed: David Gregory should not be prosecuted for breaking gun law
- Email indicates NBC used illegal magazine on air after being denied permission
- Authorities investigating NBC's David Gregory for gun law violation
- Gun debate pits liberals, media against Constitution, freedom-loving Americans
- Report: NBC's David Gregory violated D.C. gun laws on 'Meet the Press'
- WH petition calling for deportation of CNN’s Piers Morgan reaches 25,000 signature threshold
- New York paper publishes names, addresses of legal gun permit holders
- Piers Morgan: NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre ‘dangerous, dim-witted, deluded menace’
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Ted Nugent to Piers Morgan on gun control: ‘Kiss my a**’
- White House petitions demand NRA be designated a terrorist organization
- New York Governor: Confiscation of guns ‘could be an option’
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Is it time for conservatives to boycott CNN for anti-Second Amendment propaganda?
- Classmate: Newtown shooter Adam Lanza had web page dedicated to Satan
- CNN’s Piers Morgan upset over White House petition calling for his deportation
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members after NRA press conference (Video)
- Discovery Channel cancels Ted Nugent’s gun show, says rocker will not be back
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to America: Turn in your guns
- Meet six people who would not be alive if liberals had their way on guns
- Actress Marg Helgenberger: ‘One can only hope’ NRA members are shot dead
- University professor calls for beheading of NRA CEO, says NRA terrorist group
- Democratic Party leader: Call to shoot NRA members not a death threat
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
- Should an apology from a Democratic Party Executive Committee member cover calls for mass shootings?
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members, repeal of Second Amendment
Be sure to check out some of Joe's other columns: