Cunard Line will celebrate the 175th anniversary of the company’s founding with several special events during its 2015 “World Voyages and Exotic Cruise” program. According to an August 22 press release received by Examiner, the line’s three ships—Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, and Queen Elizabeth—will visit a combined 82 unique destinations in 48 countries between January and May, including three “Royal Rendezvous,” ten maiden calls, and two calls commemorating significant occasions in the host countries.
The voyages, which range from 103 to 113 nights depending upon the ship, may be taken in one or more segments of as few as eight days. Several segments on Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth depart from U.S. cities, including Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York.
Highlights of the 175th anniversary season include:
“Cunard Royal Rendezvous” events:
- January 10, 2015, Southampton (Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth)
- March 12, 2015, Sydney (Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth)
- May 3, 2015, Southampton (Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth, and Queen Victoria, concluding their world voyages)
- Queen Mary 2: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei; Bitung, Indonesia; Sanya, China; Sihanoukville, Cambodia
- Queen Victoria: Akaroa, New Zealand; Bora Bora; Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; Rarotonga, Cook Islands; San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
- Queen Elizabeth: Yorkeys Knob, Queensland
Local celebrations and commemorations:
- February 19, 2015, Chinese New Year in Sanya, (Queen Mary 2)
- April 24, 2015, ANZAC Day, sailing past Gallipoli (Queen Elizabeth)
The complete schedule of sailings and related events may be found on Cunard’s website, along with information on pre-registering for these cruises before bookings open on September 5, 2013.
For more information, contact your travel agent or Cunard Line.