The 56th annual Grammy Awards were announced Sunday night, Jan. 26, 2014. Hosted by LL Cool J, the awards ceremony is intended to recognize outstanding achievement in the music industry, but it has lost the mark somewhere along the way and turned into a spectacle with many agendas that have little to do with music.
Nevertheless, several gospel performers and Christian artists were honored at this year's awards show out of an impressive list of gospel Grammy nominees. The complete list of 2014 Grammy winners in gospel and Christian music categories includes:
- Best gospel/contemporary Christian music performance: “Break Every Chain [Live],” Tasha Cobbs
- Best gospel song: “If He Did It Before . . . Same God [Live],” Tye Tribbett
- Best contemporary Christian music song: “Overcomer,” David Garcia, Ben Glover & Christopher Stevens, songwriters (Mandisa)
- Best gospel album: “Greater Than [Live],” Tye Tribbett
- Best contemporary Christian music album: “Overcomer,” Mandisa
- Best country duo/group performance: “From This Valley,” The Civil Wars
Congratulations to all the Gospel Grammy Award winners honored at the 56th annual Grammy telecast.
Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing the link to this article with others. This article is not available to repost on websites, blogs, Facebook, or elsewhere. If you would like to continue receiving entertainment articles, please click the free Subscribe Icon. WRITERS: If you would like to find out more about writing for Examiner, contact me.