"In one county alone in Ohio, which was a battleground state, President Obama received 106,258 votes...but there were only 98,213 eligible voters. It's not humanly possible to get 108% of the vote," the petition says.
According to the petition, if voter ID laws had been in place across the country, a recount would be unnecessary.
A post at American Third Position says that Obama lost every state that required photo ID, but the National Conference of State Legislatures says that Michigan law requires voters to "show a photo ID or sign an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of photo identification." Obama won Michigan in Tuesday's election.
Obama also won New Hampshire and Hawaii. Both states, according to the NCSL, ask for photo ID, but make allowances for voters who say they have none.
In Hawaii, for example, voters who say they do not have photo ID will be "asked to recite his/her date of birth and residence address to corroborate the information provided in the poll book," the NCSL said.
A post at Pundit Press says that Obama received over 99 percent of the vote in areas of Philadelphia where GOP poll watchers were forcibly removed.
"Ward 4, which also had a poll watcher dressed in Obama attire, went massively for Obama. Mr. Obama received 99.5% of the vote, defeating Mr. Romney 9,955 to 55," the blog said.
A post at the Houston Chronicle says that by 5 p.m. Eastern time Tuesday, the Election Protection Coalition reported over 70,000 complaint calls.
A blog called "Barack Obama Voter Fraud 2012" provides links to many other allegations of voter fraud.
At least one allegation of voter fraud in St. Lucie County, Florida, was debunked, according to a post at Twitchy, but that does not mean there was no voter fraud anywhere else.
As of this writing, the petition had 1,276 signatures, 23,724 short of the 25,000 needed for the administration to take action.
Even if the petition reaches the goal, it is highly unlikely anything will be done at the federal level, since elections are administered by the states, and not the federal government.
The petition can be seen here.
- Fraud: Some told they already voted, others brag about voting multiple times
- Report: Obama campaigner allegedly punches female voter in the face
- Emails: NC man under investigation for possible voter fraud, media silent
- North Carolina man brags on Facebook about voting multiple times for Obama
- Obama to supporters: Voting 'best revenge' against Mitt Romney
- RNC demands states re-calibrate voting machines before Election Day
- Voting machines in Kansas, Ohio reportedly changing Romney votes to Obama
- North Carolina voters say ballots cast for Romney being registered for Obama
- North Carolina Democrats admit voting twice for Barack Obama in 2008 election
Be sure to check out some of Joe's other columns: