Today Acting-Auditions.org is reporting that Michael De Luca Productions and Focus Features in association with Trigger Street Productions are in pre-production on the feature film "Fifty Shades of Grey", which is based on the hugely popular best-selling novel of the same name by British author E. L. James. LA Acting Auditions Examiner Alan Baltes is reporting the news. "Fifty Shades of Grey" is the first of a potential trilogy of films produced by Universal Pictures and Focus Features. Filming begins December 2, 2013 in Vancouver, British Columbia and will continue through February 24, 2014. The film is now using the working title of "Adventures of Max & Banks". Casting is underway in Los Angeles and Vancouver for co-starring and supporting roles, as well as smaller day player speaking roles. Extras casting registration information is also available. Film crew members can now submit resumes via email. Interior shots will be filmed inside sound stages at North Shore Studios (formerly Lionsgate Studios), while exterior shots will be filmed in and around the Vancouver area.
Northern Irish actor, model and musician Jamie Dornan has been cast in the role of Christian Grey. Dornan, whose great aunt is Academy Award winning legendary actress Greer Garson, was a series regular on the ABC television show "Once Upon a Time," and on the Netflix series "The Fall". He recently completed filming the lead role in the indie feature film "Flying Home". Also starring in "Fifty Shades of Grey" is Miss Golden Globe winner Dakota Johnson in the role of Anastasia Steele. Johnson was a series regular on the Fox Network television show "Ben and Kate". She has starred in such films as "21 Jump Street" and "The Five-Year Engagement". She recently completed shooting "Theo" starring opposite Mira Sorvino, and the Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures feature film "Need for Speed" starring alongside Michael Keaton and Aaron Paul. BAFTA Film Award nominee Jennifer Ehle has joined the "Fifty Shades of Grey" cast playing the role of Carla. Ehle recently starred in the MGM reboot of "Robocop," "A Little Chaos" starring opposite Kate Winslet, "Black and White" starring with Kevin Costner, and "The Forger" starring opposite John Travolta and Abigail Breslin.
Details on the "Fifty Shades of Grey" casting calls can be found on the following casting post:
ALL talent including minors and foreign actors MUST be legally eligible to work in Vancouver, BC and Canada.
The 2013 Vancouver Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Vancouver and British Columbia:
• Guide to Child Labour Laws in Canada
• Canadian Work Permit Information Sheet for Foreigners
• Canadian Application for Temporary Resident VISA
• British Columbia Child Labor Guidelines
• British Columbia Work Permit Application for Foreigners
• British Columbia Newcomers Guide
• British Columbia Temporary Foreign Workers Factsheet
• British Columbia Employment of Young People in the Entertainment Industry
• British Columbia Trust Funds for Children working in the Entertainment Industry
• Using Groups for Background in the British Columbia Entertainment Industry
In addition to the following Vancouver Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Vancouver Casting Directors List
• General Talent Agent Information
• Vancouver Talent Agents List
• Vancouver Extras Agents List
• Vancouver Acting Schools and Coaches List
• Vancouver Headshot Photographers List
• Actors Unions
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Vancouver Resources
• PDF Users Guides
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
To keep up-to-date on my articles, click the subscribe button on the link below, under the comments section. For additional entertainment industry news, visit LA Acting Auditions Examiner, follow me on Twitter, or "like" my Official Facebook Page!