February 9, 2014
Jack Welch is probably the best CEO of the 20th century. Here are my top 10 favorite quotes by Mr. Welch:
- Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.
- Control your own destiny or someone else will.
- Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?
- Willingness to change is a strength, even if it means plunging part of the company into total confusion for a while.
- I’m the same person I was when I started.
- Simply put: we don’t build services to make money; we make money to build better services.
- Number one, cash is king... number two, communicate... number three, buy or bury the competition.
- Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.
- Management is all about managing in the short term, while developing the plans for the long term.
- You've got to eat while you dream. You've got to deliver on short-range commitments, while you develop a long-range strategy and vision and implement it. The success of doing both. Walking and chewing gum if you will. Getting it done in the short-range, and delivering a long-range plan, and executing on that.