A simple yet succulent one dish meal of tender braised lamb chops and potatoes. Paired with a green salad and glass of wine, you have a fantastic dinner!
Recipe: Braised Curry Lamb Chops and Potatoes
- 6 lamb loin chops
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 pounds small waxy potatoes, such as red or yukon gold, cut into quarters
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- Place the lamb chops onto a large plate.
- In a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons of the curry powder and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Spread the curry paste over the entire surface of the lamb chops.
- Let the chops marinate at least one hour to overnight.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium high heat.
- Brown the lamb chops well on both sides, then remove to a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium low.
- Add the sliced onion, remaining curry powder, sea salt and cumin seeds. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion is softened and the spices are fragrant.
- Pour in the broth, and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any bit crusted on.
- Add the lamb chops and potatoes, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Braise the lamb for 20-25 minutes, or until the meat is tender and the potatoes are cooked through.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6