Gearbox Software announced today that a new hot fix is available immediately on all systems for “Borderlands 2.” The next time fans start the game with an active internet connection; the update will automatically download and apply. The hot fix is a temporary solution to game issues however and until there can be a larger game patch made available for “Borderlands 2,” all fixes applied will only take effect while connected to the internet. Attempting to play the game, even after downloading the hot fix, without an internet connection will disable the patch.
Dealing largely with bugs affecting sound issues inside “Borderlands 2,” today’s hot fix also causes the Mr. Torgue DLC boss to always correctly drop the amount of loot intended. The full minor list of fixes follows.
- Mr. Torgue DLC: Fixed an issue where the Lootsplosion would not always trigger after defeating Piston.
- Addressed instances of audio distortion tied to Axton's turret and kill skills.
- Chere-amie sniper rifle and transfusion grenades no longer cause audio distortion.
- Amp shots now use same sound effect regardless of whether player is client or host.
- Assigned price to Anshin 'Evolution' shield so that players can sell it for money if desired.
“Borderlands 2” is out now for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC.