Gearbox Software has released patch notes today for a game update that was applied to the PC version of “Borderlands 2.” Finally fixed was an issue that plagued the Mechromancer since the class DLC was first introduced and players should finally no longer see their Deathtrap companion restoring the shield’s of enemies. Gearbox added that the improper shield restoration was hilarious, but fans have to wonder if a class-breaking glitch that annoyingly helped opponents while leaving the player’s shields depleted and went on to go unaddressed for months was ever found hilarious by anyone.
Also fixed was a bug that caused shotguns to improperly receive the correct damage boost from skills which was broken during the amp shield balance patch. The full list of corrected issues in today’s patch is listed below.
- Added support for text input using the gamepad for Steam's Big Picture mode.
- Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in the "Whoops" mission of the Captain Scarlett DLC.
- Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.
- Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
- Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.
“Borderlands 2” is currently available on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. While today’s patch was only applied to the PC version of the game, console owners can expect a similar fix to the game once Micorsoft and Sony approved the update on their systems.