Show off your cooking talent at your Super Bowl party or anytime with delicious sweet, garlicky, and sticky honey garlic chicken wings. The recipe for honey garlic sauce makes enough for approximately 50 to 60 wings, or 25 to 30 whole chicken wings.
Honey, combined with garlic, lemon juice and ketchup makes for a tasty, sweet, garlicky, crispy chicken wing. Honey garlic chicken wings will a big hit at your Super Bowl party.
You will need a deep fryer, wok or 3 to 4-quart Dutch oven in order to make honey garlic chicken wings.
Honey garlic chicken wings recipe
Ingredients for honey garlic chicken wings:
- 25 to 30 whole chicken wings, approximately 3 to 4 pounds
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart vegetable or peanut oil
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
How to make honey garlic chicken wings:
- Remove wing tip from each wing; split each wing at the joint joining the drum and flat part.
- Add ½ cup all-purpose flour to gallon size zip locking bag. Add wings 10 at a time and shake to coat. Tap off excess flour before frying.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of oil to deep fryer, Dutch oven or deep wok. Oil temperature should be 375*F before you being frying your chicken wings.
- Fry no more than eight to 10 wings at a time in oil at 375*F, 10 to 12 minutes, until skin is crispy and golden brown on the outside and chicken wings are cooked through to the bone on the inside.
- For crispier wings, cook 12 to 14 minutes. For extra crispy chicken wings cook up to 15 minutes. The longer you cook chicken wings you run the risk of drying out the meat.
- Add more oil, one cup at a time, as needed but bring oil back up to 375*F before continuing to fry the chicken wings.
- Drain the wings on paper towels or paper bags for a few minutes.
- Add chicken wings to a large bowl. After all the wings have been fried, pour the honey garlic sauce over the chicken wings.
- Cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the chicken wings.
- Serve chicken wings hot with celery sticks, carrots sticks and blue cheese dressing.
- If you have extra honey garlic sauce left, serve on the side for dipping, if desired.
How to make honey garlic sauce for chicken wings:
In a medium pan over medium heat, combine honey, water, lemon juice, ketchup, garlic powder, minced garlic and salt, stirring to blend. Bring to a slow bubble, reduce to low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Never miss any food news, recipes or cooking tips, or frugal idea again! Subscribe to Rachael Monaco Cooking Examiner and Rachael Monaco Frugal Living Examiner for free notification every time something new is published.
- Follow Rachael Monaco on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Sulia and Bubblews
All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author. Partial reposting is permitted with a link back to the original article.