Once again this year, Beck's Beer has unveiled its art gallery: a gallery of limited-edition beer bottle labels featuring original graphics from seven innovative artists.
The campaign, called Live Beyond Labels, is in its 27th year in the U.K. and its third in the U.S. It attracts work from a diverse range of established and emerging artists and pop culture characters.
Each summer, the German beer brand eschews its signature silver-and-red lable for these new images. In the past, the likes of Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst, Kid Cudi and Andy Warhol have provided images.
This year's participants include a lot of musicians. "The size of their audience and their creative focus differs from artist to artist," Ryan Garcia, VP regional marketing, said in a release. "But they all share an independent streak and a fearlessness Beck's admires."
This summer's roster includes:
- Capital Cities: Indy pop band from LA founded by Ryan Merchant and Sebu Simonian.
- Aloe Blacc: Singer, songwriter and rapper, currently on tour with Bruno Mars.
- Luis Fonsi: Puerto Rican pop singer and composer.
- DJ Irie: Miami-based, official DJ of the Miami Heat basketball team.
- TYPOE: Miami-based visual artist and co-founder of Primary Projects.
- Maluca Mala: Dominican "tropical punk hip-hop" musician based in NYC.
- Ron Finley: Billed as a "geurilla gardener" and activist, based in LA. Described as an "Appleseed with Attitude" by the New York Times.
- Camille Rose Garcia: LA-based surrealist painter.
Live Beyond Labels is available wherever Beck's Beer is sold, while supplies last. You must be 21 or over to purchase beer. Please drink responsibly.
Thirsty for more? Check out National Spirits Examiner or NY Drinks Examiner.
Do you have a cocktail trend, new product, bar or teahouse you'd like me to review? Want to give me a heads-up on your favorite hot spot? Please email me at NYDrinksExaminer AT gmail.com. Or follow me on Twitter @roberthp.
FTC Disclaimer: The author sometimes receives product samples for review, which carry no cash value and cannot be re-sold, and sometimes attends press events such as lunches or cocktail parties, designed to promote a given product. The author is not paid by any alcohol manufacturer, retailer or distributor, or provided compensation apart from revenue from an assigning publishing company for editorial publication. Opinions are the author's own. By the way, you should be 21 or older to read this page. Author received examples of some of the 2014 "Live Beyond Labels" bottles of Beck's Beer. He is considering building tiny picture frames to house the labels.