The screening will be held in the Avalon Casino Theater. Boyd will participate in a live interview following the screening and talk about her memories of the Beatles, meeting George Harrison on the set and more and take questions from the audience.
Boyd had a now famous one-word line in her small role in the movie, which was “Prisoners?”
Tickets are $8 for museum members and $10 general admission. They can be purchased at the museum, by phone at (310) 510-2414 or by visiting the A Hard Day’s Night event page on the Catalina Museum website.
“Imagine” Blu-ray coming soon?: A Blu-ray audio version of John Lennon's “Imagine” album will be released on Feb. 25, according to a listing that's now on Amazon.com. The description doesn't give any information, but this is not the first release date that's been rumored. There's been no word from Capitol Records/UMG to confirm if this is the actual release date.
Media goes historic: There have been tons and tons of stories about the Beatles history on many newspaper websites. Here are just a few:
- CBS: 50 years later -- A fan recalls watching the Beatles' American debut
- CBS: CBS News marking Beatles anniversary with live multimedia event
- CBS: The Boy Scout and the Beatles: How one boy became a fan
- CBS: Beatles photographer caught cultural revolution on film
- CBS: Age-old debate: Beatles vs. Stones
- CBS: Capturing the birth of Beatlemania
- CBS: How Brian Epstein discovered the Beatles
- CBS: Beatles' manager reflects on the group's meteoric rise
- CBS: Out of a "Flaming Pie" comes the Beatles
- CBS: CBS News poll: Who is America's favorite Beatle?
- CBS: The Beatles: When a generation of musicians found themselves
- CBS: When The Beatles changed everything
- Fox News: Then and Now: What it's like to be a Beatles fan
- USA Today: The Great Album Debate: Is 'Pepper' The Beatles' best?
- The Oregonian: Which Beatles era is your favorite?
- TIME: Iconic Beatles Photo Is Kind of Lame, Says Photographer Who Took It
- Washington Post: Memories of the Beatles' US television debut
- The New York Times: The Beatles in the US, 50 Years On
- Billboard: Beatles 50 most memorable moments