DICE and Electronic Arts announced details for Battlefield 4 Premium during a press conference at Gamescom on Tuesday. PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC gamers will get access to five map packs, early access and more by picking up the military shooter's souped up version of a season pass.
"Fan reaction to Battlefield 3 Premium has been nothing short of amazing. We are humbled to see more than 4 million people join in," Executive Producer Patrick Bach said in a statement. "With Battlefield 4 Premium we continue to roll out the red carpet, treating our fans like VIPs with a massive amount of new gameplay, exclusive new content and even more benefits at an incredible value."
DICE laid out the release schedule for the following five expansion packs to come with Battlefield 4 Premium which will cost $50.
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Premium purchasers will also receive two-weeks early access to all expansion packs as well as unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more. There's also priority position in server queues, new content every week and 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks. Additionally, Premium membership and stats will transfer over from the PS3 to the PS4 and Xbox 360 to Xbox One.
DICE also announced today the Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta will begin in early October and give three days exclusive access to Battlefield 3 Premium owners, those that pre-ordered Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe, and owners of Medal of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe and Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition. After that, the beta is opened up to everyone worldwide to play on the Siege of Shanghai map in the Conquest gametype.
Battlefield 4 will launch on Oct. 29 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC with the PS4 and Xbox One releases coming after those consoles launch.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.