Birthers have long argued that Barack Hussein Obama (aka Barry Soetoro) is ineligible to serve as president of the United States, alleging that the nation's chief executive has used fake birth certificates, falsified social security numbers, and forged Selective Service registration.
It turns out that Obama may also have fake followers on Twitter. Lots of them.
While the U.S. constitution does not forbid having falsified fans on social media, internet experts do consider the practice of buying followers as an unethical and "black hat" method of increasing online visibility.
A web tool called Fake Follower Check analyzes social media accounts in order to ascertain which public figures have real Twitter followers and which ones have fake fans. A New York Times analysis leading up to the 2012 presidential elections surprisingly found that up to 70 percent of Obama's Twitter followers are fake.
Given Obama's current tally of 26.8 million fans, that means that as much as 18.6 million of his followers could be from fake and/or spam accounts. According to the report, a buyer can purchase fake/spam followers for a penny each, which means one can purchase 250,000 fans for $2,500.
At those rates, the White House's cost for buying 18,600,000 fake Twitter followers for Obama amounts to $186,000. That's a pretty good bargain considering that officials from the Energy Department provided bankrupt solar company Solyndra with $500 million in taxypayer-funded loans.
Don't expect the media (i.e., Barry Soetoro worshippers) to report on this finding anytime soon. Mainstream journalists don't like having their White House access revoked, or worse, labelled as "racist".
Evidence | Obama Birther Scandal
- Supreme Court reviews Obama birther case in conference
- Obama's alleged 2009 tax return with fake SSN
- Publisher states in early 90's that Obama was born in Kenya
- Obama's alleged Kenyan birth certificate
- School registration allegedly states Obama is Indonesian citizen
- Fake vs. real birth certificate
- Wedding ring inscription: "There is no God but Allah"
- Ann Dunham fake photo on Obama's official Facebook
- Obama's alleged real father: Frank Marshall Davis
Share your comments below.
Note: Subscribe to Republican Examiner