It seems Barack Obama believes the failing healthcare.gov website is his personal property. In an interview with Barbara Walters, Obama referred to it as "my website" while acknowledging that it isn't working properly, the Weekly Standard reported Saturday.
"Obviously my most recent concern has been that my website's not working," he said. "We're evaluating why it is exactly that I didn't know soon enough that it wasn't going to work the way it needed to. But my priority now has been to just make sure that it works."
Nov. 30 was the date set by the government for the site to be fixed.
Despite declaring "victory," however, the site continues to malfunction for a number of people, based on various reports.
On Monday, for example, the conservative blog Weasel Zippers posted a picture showing an orange alert at the top of the page.
"During times of especially high demand, you may be queued to begin your online Marketplace application to ensure the best possible shopping experience," the warning read.
The same day, the Washington Examiner's Charlie Spiering posted a picture to Twitter showing an error message indicating problems with the site.
Twitchy posted a number of error messages users received when attempting to access the site.
"Oh, and the 'fix' to #healthcaregov? Now instead of getting an error message, I get a blank page at the same place," one person tweeted Sunday.
On Sunday, former health care adviser Ezekiel Emanuel claimed that healthcare.gov has made “good enough progress” since its botched rollout in early October.
“I think it’s good enough progress,” he said on NBC’s “Meet the Press”. “Clearly, just like Google and Facebook and all the internet sites are constantly tweaking their sites, constantly improving them, this one still has a ways to go. But it is certainly working reasonably well.”
“I think, actually, we are going in the right direction, and for the first time, most importantly, we actually have effective management overseeing,” he added.
"Except," Weasel Zippers said, "for the fact that Google and Facebook don’t constantly crash."
The cure, he noted, is a full repeal of the law.
- Report: Cancer patient critical of Obamacare targeted by IRS for audit
- Condoms handed out as door prizes at Obamacare event in Arkansas
- Dem. Sen. Kay Hagan blames insurance companies for cancellation notices
- Time analyst Mark Halperin admits: Obamacare death panels 'built into the plan'
- Juan Williams: White House calls GOP opposition to Obamacare 'original sin'
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Retired General calls for forced resignation of Obama, administration officials
- Video: Personal Obamacare info could be available to political groups
- James O’Keefe warns Kathleen Sebelius: ‘Might want to cancel your plans tomorrow’
- Video: Obamacare navigators suggest enrollees use fraud, deceit
- Sarah Palin schools Matt Lauer: Obamacare ‘socialized medicine’
- Kathleen Sebelius: Convicted felons could be Obamacare navigators
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.