Step away from the ordinary fried chicken and try this healthier and more flavorful alternative. The unique addition of pecans adds an extra depth of flavor as well as antioxidants and fiber. Even the kids will love it.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Half the chicken breasts by cutting lengthwise as if butterflying but slicing all the way through.
- Combine flour, ground pecans, sesame seeds, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Combine egg and buttermilk in second shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in flour mixture, coating well.
- Place chicken in the baking dish with butter, turning once to coat.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top of the chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.