Gearbox Software announced today that a new game update is now available for “Aliens: Colonial Marines” on both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Included in today’s fixes, the patch improves gameplay issues involving better save protection, spawn issues, and gamers should now find the game’s AI (both friend and foe) to be improved. To compensate for the modified AI, all campaign difficulty settings in the game have been modified. The title should also be slightly less dark as the light radius for the shoulder lamp has been extended.
This is the third title update for “Aliens: Colonial Marines” that has been made available to console owners since the title’s launch. Past patches have improved issues tied to the game’s multiplayer mode. The full list of changes from today’s title update is as follows.
- Added additional safeguards to better protect save data.
- Resolved an issue where a player's level could sometimes appear incorrect when backing out of a party.
- Addressed several scenarios under which players could spawn without a weapon.
- Changes to better prevent audio from sometimes cutting out during end of mission cinematics.
- Fixed issue where Xeno death animation was not properly calculating momentum of the killing blow.
- Smart Gun animation now properly tracks targets.
- Addressed some instances where Xenos would display erratic animations.
- Increased light radius for player's shoulder lamp.
- Adjusted aim assist to better reflect player input.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Tweaked enemy and friendly AI to be more aggressive and responsive.
- Modified campaign difficulty to account for improved AI responsiveness.
- Improved enemy collision detection regarding doors and Power Loader.
- Players will no longer bleed out immediately when downed in a Power Loader.
- Increased duration of Lurker Pounce Challenge “Cat-Like Reflexes” from 10 to 20 seconds.
- Fixed issue where certain multiplayer challenges would not unlock properly for all characters.
- Crusher pick-ups now correctly appear as highlighted for clients.
“Aliens: Colonial Marines” is out now on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. The title update provided today may be downloaded now for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of the game.