Talk show host Alex Jones is joining forces with Congressman Steve Stockman, (R-Texas) in calling for the immediate impeachment of President Barack Obama. The action came just prior to Obama's expected announcement on sweeping gun control measures Wednesday, possibly through an executive order.
Obama's anticipated assault against the Second Amendment is reason enough to have him tossed out of office, Jones has said. But the list of reasons to impeach him is much bigger than that.
"There can no longer be any doubt – the forces of tyranny are running wild across our once great Republic," Jones wrote Tuesday on his website, Infowars.com. "The time has come for all good men and women to rally to the aid of their country. We have now entered a historic crossroads that will decide the destiny of the United States. Arrogance and corruption has long festered in Washington DC, but the last decade has seen an extreme acceleration of criminal looting and attacks on liberty – every freedom is under sustained assault."
It's the public's duty to remove the "would-be dictator," Jones states in the article.
The government is using the tragic deaths of children in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in December to ram through draconian gun control measures that will ultimately disarm the public, Jones said in a video he created Tuesday.
"They want to disarm us because they are a criminal mafia of insider trading scum," he said. "When they got caught insider trading last year, Democrats dominantly, they just said, 'Oh, we passed a law to restrict it,' which actually legalized it for them. That's the kind of games they play."
In his article, Jones lists the following actions by Obama as impeachable offenses , as provided by the Constitution:
- Funding Syrian insurgents that are under the direction of Al-Qaeda terrorists.
- The Operation Fast and Furious coverup that involved supplying Mexican drug cartels with federal guns.
- Covering up the Benghazi attack linked to the deaths of four American citizens.
- Declaring his power to attack Libya was granted by the United Nations Security Council, not Congress.
- Planning to use an executive order to override Congress' rejection of a cyber-security bill.
- Signing into law the National Defense Authorization Act which allows the detention of U.S. citizens without trial.
- Forcing Americans to buy health insurance through Obamacare while giving waivers to corporations that support him.
- Threatening to bankrupt coal companies and using EPA regulations to shut down competitors.
- His "phony accounting" relating to the auto industry bailout.
Stockholm indicated he will seek any means necessary to block executive orders for gun control.
In a prepared statement, Stockholm said, “The White House’s recent announcement they will use executive orders and executive actions to infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms is an unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic. I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, de-funding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment.”
Alternative media king Jones is riding a wave of high visibility within traditional media, partly because of the attention from his petition to deport CNN host Piers Morgan for calling for more gun control in America. Jones followed up the petition with an explosive appearance on Morgan's show that also went viral.
Obama is the subject of Jones' prophetic feature-length film from 2009, The Obama Deception. Jones regularly criticizes former presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and George H. W. Bush, as well, calling all of them puppets of the New World Order.