An Alabama witness at Helena reported a "giant black, delta wing type craft" with a width of 150 feet flew directly over his home under 125 feet at no more than 50 mph with the sound of jet engines, according to March 11, 2013, testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was watching television about 9:40 p.m. on March 8, 2013, when he noticed a "very bright light coming towards" his home.
"I live on top of a mountain and can see for several miles over the Cahaba Management area," the witness stated. "I grabbed my phone and go out on the deck and watch it approach. I can't hear anything until it is right on top of me."
The witness described the object.
"It was maybe 100 to 125 feet above me and it was huge, triangular, dark in color, with maybe 20 lights on the underside. It looked to be maybe 150 feet wide at the rear. It looked to be moving maybe 50 mph max. As it crossed above me it got loud. The sound was like jet engines spooling down."
The object crossed over the witnesses' home and seemed to be heading toward Bessemer Airport.
"I ran through the house and out the front door to video some more but I could no longer see it. This thing looked like a Stealth fighter but five times bigger. Way too big to land at Bessemer. It freaked me out completely. Since then, there have been Chinooks behind my house constantly."
No images or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on March 11, 2013. Helena is a city in Jefferson and Helena counties, population 16,793.
Recent Alabama UFO coverage includes:
- Silver disc UFO reported '20 feet off ground' over small Alabama town
- Silent cylinder object reported hovering over Alabama town
Recent triangle UFO coverage includes:
- California witnesses describe black triangle UFO hovering over Oakdale
- North Carolina witnesses describe triangle objects one hour apart
- Video: Virginia witness can't identify object crossing sky
- Military witness cannot identify triangle UFO over California coast
- Large triangle UFO reported moving over Carbon County Pennsylvania
- Texas witness describes '4-feet-tall figures' in triangle UFO windows
- Video: Arizona witness captures triangle lights over Chandler
- Silent triangle UFO reported at 500 feet was size of football field
- Florida amateur astronomer recounts 'massive black rectangle'
- New Texas witness testifies UFO hovered low over Friendswood
- Hovering triangle UFO over Mississippi turns off bright lights
- Low altitude silent black triangle UFO moves over Texas town
- Football field length triangle UFO reported moving over Texas town
- New York triangle UFO described with 'hard to define edges'
- Dark triangle UFO reported over California beach community
- Closed triangle UFO cases: September 2012 yields 17 reports
- Video: Christmas Day UFO hovers over Pennsylvania town
- Triangle UFO surface appeared 'shimmering' over Georgia town
- Pennsylvania witness says black triangle lacked 'normal lights'
- Kentucky witness says triangle UFO hovered 300 feet above roadway
- Video: Triangle UFO reported low over small Michigan town
- Black triangle UFO approaches witness silently in North Carolina
- UFO 'no joke' for Indiana Mom after second rural encounter
- Michigan couple encounters two low flying V-shaped objects
- Maryland witness describes large, low flying triangle UFO
- Four triangle UFOs over Jacksonville appear to scan ground
- Low flying triangle UFO coverage continues over Nebraska
- 'Huge triangle' UFO reported hovering over Missouri home
Alabama is a current UFO ALERT 5 rating, with a low number of UFO sightings nationally. Alabama had 5 reports in February 2013 - the 21st highest reporting state while California had 75 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The following is the unedited report filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If Alabama MUFON State Director Richard Hoffman investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
March 8, 2013, 9:40 p.m., Helena, Shelby County, AL - giant black delta wing type craft flew right over me. very slowly, very low. it should have stalled. freaked me out. Case 46136.
At about 9:40 Central time on 3/8/13, I was watching tv. I noticed a very bright white light coming towards my house. I live on top of mountain and can see for several miles over the Cahaba Management area. I grab my phone and go out on the deck and watch it approach. I cant hear anything until it is right on top of me. It was maybe 100/125 feet above me and it was huge, triangular, dark in color,with maybe 20 lights on the underside. It looked to be maybe 150 feet wide at the rear. It looked to moving maybe 50 mph max. As it crossed above me it got loud. The sound was like jet engines spooling down. It crossed over my towards Bessemer airport. I ran through the house and out the front door to video some more but I could no longer see it. This thing looked like a Stealth fighter but 5 times bigger. Way too big to land at Bessemer. It freaked me out completely. Since then, there have Chinooks behind my house constantly.