"If sizable numbers of NRA members become gun-victims themselves, maybe hope for legislation of firearms," Oates tweeted Friday.
"Congrats for becoming yet another clueless, VIOLENT, liberal 'elite' who shoved her foot in her mouth. Shame on you, lady," added "Conservative Girl."
"Bet you didn't know the NRA was started to arm Free Blacks so they could protect themselves from the Democrat-founded KKK," another person said.
Since the tragic Connecticut school shootings last Friday, liberals across the country have been busy proving that theirs is an ideology of hate and rage.
Instead of blaming the person who pulled the trigger, liberals have blamed the NRA, the Second Amendment and gun owners in general. Many, including Helgenberger, have called for the deaths of NRA members in response to the shootings.
One of those who expressed a desire to see NRA supporters dead is John Cobarruvias, a member of the Texas Democratic Party Executive Committee. Although he deleted his tweet and offered a weak apology for it, his Facebook page still contains a message saying that NRA members "need to [be] wiped off the face of the earth."
Update: The offensive tweet has been deleted, The Wrap reported.
- University professor calls for beheading of NRA CEO, says NRA terrorist group
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Democratic Party leader: Call to shoot NRA members not a death threat
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
- Should an apology from a Democratic Party Executive Committee member cover calls for mass shootings?
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members, repeal of Second Amendment
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Eric Holder: Time to ask 'hard questions' about Constitutional rights
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Democratic lawmaker: Obama must 'exploit' murdered children to get gun control
- MSNBC: Founders who wrote Second Amendment 'owned slaves, oppressed women'
- Liberals blame NRA for Connecticut school shooting, call for gun control
- Global gun control? Critics warn U.N. treaty would undermine U.S. gun rights
- Gun rights advocate: Obama said people shouldn't be able to own guns
- Obama Administration working on gun control 'under the radar'
- Bob Costas gives anti-gun speech on Sunday Night Football, Twitter users respond
Be sure to check out some of Joe's other columns: