UPDATE NOTE: Due to Examiner.com column character limitations, this chronology encompasses from Dec. 28, 2010 through March 8, 2011. For updates after that, please click here to see Part Two.
The following is a summary and time line of articles appearing on the Sipsey Street Irregulars blog and Gun Rights Examiner, reflecting original reporting on the developing "Project Gunwalker" story by Mike Vanderboegh and myself. That's the purposely ironic name I assigned it, a parody of the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive's "Project Gunrunner," and it refers to allegations by whistleblowing ATF insiders that:
- ATF management was allowing potentially hundreds of semiautomatic firearms to be walked across the Mexican border in order to pad statistics used to further budget and power objectives.
- Mexican authorities were kept in the dark, and protests that they should be informed were overridden, first by the Phoenix ATF office, and ultimately by higher-ups in Washington, DC.
- A gun used in this operation was involved in a December 2010 incident in which a Border Patrol agent was killed.
The original allegations were posted on CleanUpATF.org. Vanderboegh and I, who have a history going back years of documenting allegations posted there, and pressing for congressional hearings to investigate the claims, were both contacted independently by various ATF insiders claiming to have corroborating information and documentation. Mike vetted his sources and I used my contacts to help validate that my informant was who he represented himself to be. Mike and I did what we could throughout our separate and coordinated investigations to test and corroborate what was being told. We also had a small circle of behind-the-scenes consultants, including firearms designer Len Savage, and a few other knowledgeable advisors, all with contacts and informed insights of their own, and all of whom have earned our trust over the years.
Our primary goal was to help arrange for protection for our sources, and quickly, as retaliation was feared. Because the allegations involved higher ups within the Justice Department, the added protection afforded by separation of powers was sought. Through various contacts and machinations that are documented in the following timeline, the whistleblowers came under the protective umbrella of Sen. Charles Grassley, a senior member of the Committee of the Judiciary.
Our secondary goal was to push this story outside our limited spheres of influence and into the "mainstream press," so that it would be problematic to ignore or bury things. Again, making this happen has been an ongoing struggle, but we've seen the first cracks in the dam. The following time line will bring journalists just getting involved with this story up to speed by walking them though it, from its genesis to where we are today as major media outlets finally begin to take notice and get involved.
By way of a FAQ, two seem to be recurrent:
Will you have your sources contact us?
Will you provide us with copies of documentation?
The answer to both is "No." The reason is one of protection. You will need to observe official proceedings and develop/consult sources of your own.
Here's what's happened so far, at least what I can publicly disclose:
- So the DOJ comes to visit, worried about the ATF-smuggled gun that may have killed the Border Patrol officer last month, and their exit page is CUATF.
- "Pure fact verified." The ATF scandal that's going to guarantee oversight hearings.
- ATF source confirms ‘walking’ guns to Mexico to ‘pad’ statistics
- Walk Don't Run
- White House now in decision making loop on ATF "Walking Gun-gate" scandal. The ghost of Vince Foster to walk the corridors of the fifth floor?
- This just in on the Mexican end of what David Codrea has called "Project Gunwalker."
- Following the various threads of Project Gunwalker -- "Gun Dealer: 'ATF Approved Sales to Mexican Gun Runners'"
- Is ‘Project Gunwalker’ about to bust wide open?
- "Project Gunwalker" scandal story at a tipping point this morning, though it may take a short while for you to see it.
- Senators crawfish on helping agents in Project Gunwalker scandal. See if you can't help concentrate their minds.
- Open Letter to Senate Judiciary Committee staff on 'Project Gunwalker'
- Sources, Timeline and Summary of the ATF "Project Gunwalker" scandal and the death of BP agent Brian Terry.
- We have movement on the Senate side of the Project Gunwalker scandal.
- Outstanding idea from Kurt Hofmann on ratcheting up the pressure on the Project Gunwalker scandal!
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns issues new graphic in light of ATF's "Project Gunwalker" scandal!
- Yogi Berra was right. Rumor of a big, bad ATF bust early next week.
- ‘Project Gunwalker’ sources talking to Senate staffers
- The shadow war for the truth. "Management culture of ATF holds no regard for the life and/or safety of front line agents." STAND DOWN THE ATF!
- Will the Mexican reporter who called last night about Project Gunwalker please contact me?
- Senators now in contact with ATF agents about Project Gunwalker scandal.
- Knox reports on ‘Project Gunwalker’
- Jeff Knox and World Net Daily pick up on the Project Gunwalker scandal.
- Brian Terry memorial service marred by insincere promises and pious platitudes
- ‘Project Gunwalker’ investigators: Watch for smears, focus on leads
- David Codrea on Liberty Watch Radio about Project Gunwalker.
- ATF Project Gunrunner dog and pony show in Phoenix today. Are they ready to spin the "modified limited hangout" on the death of BPA Terry?
- Here's the dog and pony show -- "Gun Running Operation Uncovered in Arizona." Yeah? Did they arrest the Phoenix ATF SAC as the mastermind?
- Hans von Spakovsky asks "Is the fix in at Justice? Appointing Robin Ashton to oversee ethical standards is like choosing a fox to guard the henhouse."
- More on the Project Gunrunner dog and pony show in Phoenix.
- One question for ‘Project Gunwalker’ skeptics
- This just in: Senate is now referring to "Project Gunwalker" as the "Brian Terry Whistleblower Case" plus a question for ‘Project Gunwalker’ skeptics.
- Phoenix ATF reportedly retaliating against ‘Project Gunwalker’ whistleblower
- Mexican press picks up on 'Project Gunwalker'
- David Codrea: "Phoenix ATF reportedly retaliating against ‘Project Gunwalker’ whistleblower."
- "Torpedo . . . LOS!" MEXICAN PRESS PICKS UP ON 'PROJECT GUNWALKER'!! ATF brass headed for lifeboats?
- Why does link for Mexican newspaper redirect to the FBI’s website?
- A Sipsey Street Exclusive: Senator Grassley is on the Project Gunwalker scandal case -- big time.
- BREAKING NEWS: Grassley Writes Melson on Project Gunwalker
- "We do not permit the exit of arms to Mexico." Riiight. El Diaro translation, cleaned up by, ironically enough, Avatar at CleanUpATF.org
- ATF execs' ululations of agony -- Not-so-instant Karma at the tipping point of the perpetual scandal that is ATF -- and David Olofson's revenge.
- There's going to be a lot more of this before it is over.
- Plumbing the considerable depths of ATF spokesman "Baghdad Tom" Mangan's 'unawareness.'
- Media begins noticing ‘Project Gunwalker’
- Three Examiner Columns on "Project Gunwalker": Two from David and one from Kurt
- Burning the midnight oil at DOJ over Project Gunwalker.
- If it is on television, it must be true.
- Actions louder than words. Eric Holder just told the President of Mexico and Senator Charles Grassley to go fornicate themselves.
- Has ATF Phoenix SAC been transferred to Mexico?
- Late to the story, Pravda (WaPo) Parrots Kremlin Cover Up Line.
- "Heer there be Dragones." My letter to the Pravda reporters. "Welcome to the Project Gunwalker Scandal story."
- Washington Post ‘Project Gunwalker’ piece lets key claim go unchallenged
- FOX News picks up the Project Gunwalker story.
- Irrational exuberance
- Putting their money where their cover-up is. Did Project Gunwalker Scandal cause the Obama administration to double down on ATF?
- Mainstream press reports shed additional light on ‘Project Gunwalker’
- Of Whistleblowers and Watchdogs
- InfoWars on Gunwalker
- My letter to Consul General Salvador De Lara, Consul General in Atlanta of the Republic of Mexico.
- So where are the "authorized journalists" asking sharp questions of the State Dept. about the violation of treaty & protocol in Project Gunwalker?
- Chris Dumm, writing at The Truth About Guns, has an interesting observation. . .
- Alex Jones' "DisInfo Wars" finally finds the "Gunwalker" scandal, but of course they can't mention Sipsey Street.
- TTAG picks up my letter to the Mexican Consul General in Atlanta. "If there is justice in this world castration's too good for them."
- Need good Spanish translation of my letter to the Consul General ASAP
- ATF Deputy Director Melson doing the French Mistake in Lyon.
- I Accuse! Meet the Assistant Attorney General at the center of the Project Gunwalker Cover-up: Lanny Breuer.
- A word about our Project Gunwalker scandal icon.
- Death in the Desert: Project Gunwalker and the ATF Cover-Up
- WaPo Reporter: "Help! I'm trapped in my Weltanschauung and I can't get out!"
- The Project Gunwalker Scandal in a nutshell.
- ‘American Thinker’ narrates development of ‘Project Gunwalker’ story
- Did Lanny Breuer play a role in ‘Project Gunwalker’?
- BP agent Brian Terry's own valediction is an indictment of the government-paid cowards who are covering up the circumstances of his death.
- On the Obama Death Star, The Project Gunwalker scandal continues as the Empire Strikes Back in the form of evil eminence Darth Breuer.
- ATF Agent: "Unfortunately the objectives usually have nothing to do with the best interest of the Government or the public."
- No answers yet about guns found at Border Patrol agent death scene
- Profiles in Cover-up. When is some big media type going ask Janet Napolitano what the meaning of "swift justice" is? Plus a calendar to keep track.
- Big Week for Gunwalker Scandal -- Agents Suggest Witness List. "God have mercy on our agency but please don't give the bad guys another free pass."
- My letter to the Consul General of the Estados Unidos Mexicanos in Atlanta -- In English AND Spanish.
- ‘Project Gunwalker’ allegations bolstered by Project Gunrunner indictments
- Open Source Analysis of "Fast & Furious" Bust Confirms It As An Integral Part of the Project Gunwalker Cover-up.
- Sound of Silence: Wagering odds on a scandal, cops become crooks & Kurt Hofmann asks the 1.1 Billion Dollar Question about Project Gunwalker.
- STONEWALL: The empire strikes back. DOJ issues denial on death of Brian Terry. "Standard coverup material that even a boy of 8 would laugh at."
- GOA issues email action alert: "The word is starting to leak out."
- DOJ Denies ‘Project Gunwalker’ allegations
- A Call to All Second Amendment Activists: There is a way you can help to shine the bright light of truth on the Project Gunwalker Scandal.
- Looks like Grassley's office ain't buying the stonewall on the Project Gunwalker Scandal. Five questions for the Congress to ask under oath.
- The nameless, faceless dead of the Project Gunwalker Scandal. "What's a few more dead Mexicans in the grand scheme of things?"
- Latest from Only Guns and Money & Texas GOP Vote on the Project Gunwalker scandal.
- ATF stonewalling highlights importance of getting answers under oath
- Congressional Research Service can be used to expose ‘Project Gunwalker’
- Another country heard from . . .
- BREAKING NEWS: Grassley to Holder: Terry family deserves answers
- Rosetta Stone: David Codrea Posts Grassley Letter to Eric Holder with Project Gunwalker DOCUMENTS."The best way to honor his memory is to come clean."
- ATF Whistleblowers to Senator Grassley: "Welcome to the party, pal!" But remember, the fight against this evil is an open invitation to YOU as well.
- The story upon the stair. The failure of "authorized journalists" to pick up on Senator Grassley's [b]slap of Eric Holder.
- An ATF agent's indictment. "ATF DIDN'T make every effort to 'interdict' these guns or they WOULD HAVE been interdicted."
- Wanted: individual skilled in firearms smuggling, insulting Mexicans, threatening subordinates, massive cover-up . Lack of scruples a plus. Apply ATF.
- ‘Project Gunwalker’ protest can help kill ATF’s long gun reporting proposal
- Phoenix television reporter conducts exclusive interview with Terry stepmother
- David Codrea: ‘Project Gunwalker’ protest can help kill ATF’s long gun reporting proposal. "Any chair in a bar fight."
- Ask and you shall receive: Stacey Delikat in Phoenix comes through with the first media report on the Grassley letter to Holder.
- CCRKBA calls for Senate investigation of Project Gunwalker Scandal. NRA weinermobile still looking for a parking place.
- CCRKBA Calls for Senate Investigations of ATF
- NRA issues statement on Grassley ATF inquiry
- Big Week for Project Gunwalker Scandal: Bomb Damage Assessment Time for both the Justice Department and the Coalition of Willing Lilliputians.
- WikiLeaks memos confirm: "Heavy firepower now in the hands of Mexican criminal organizations isn’t linked to mom-and-pop gun stores."
- T.J. Bonner: Missing in Action in the Project Gunwalker Scandal and the cover-up of the circumstances of Brian Terry's murder.
- David Codrea sends us a "GunTalker" reminder for today.
- "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead," and the Washington Post is still not covering Grassley's slap-down of Eric Holder.
- National Border Patrol Council silent on ‘Project Gunwalker’ allegations
- Fly on the wall inside ATF: C.O.W.L. deep-cover agent Waldo presents the alternate universe working inside the heads of ATF upper management.
- This just in: "The Washington Post is still dead." But, the Washington Times finally picked up the Project Gunwalker Scandal story!
- Another ATF whistleblower asks -- "Senator Grassley: are you watching?" Waste, fraud and abuse, this time at ATF's Martinsburg facility.
- Media response to ‘Project Gunwalker’ story practically nonexistent
- Firearms Coalition Immediate Action Needed – ATF Comment Window Closes Today!!
- Well, duh. "FBI: Friendly fire ruled out in Tucson border agent's slaying." Also, 3 suspects freed. Did ATF walked gun kill Terry all by itself?
- Two from Moonbattery.
- Michael Savage links Washington Times story on Gunwalker.
- Here we go again? "Oh, sh**" moment for ATF once more? Two U.S. Immigration Agents Shot In Mexico.
- This just in: "The Washington Post is still dead." So, too, is Matt Drudge. "Woodward and Bernstein circa 1972 they ain't." Time for a cacerolazo.
- FOIA request filed with ATF over Grassley ‘Gunwalker’ briefing
- Grassley to Holder: ATF refused to answer specific questions in briefing
- Senator Grassley fires another salvo in the Project Gunwalker Scandal. ATF "refused to answer specific questions about the facts & circumstances."
- National Review Online notices Project Gunwalker Scandal.
- Updated Summary, Narrative, Condensed Timeline and Document Sources of the “Project Gunwalker” Scandal.
- Senator Grassley's latest letter: The street agents react. Did Acting Director Melson really call Senator Grassley an "a*****e"?
- Oh, wait, I almost forgot. This just in: "The Washington Post is STILL dead."
- A Grassley staffer's quote guaranteed to make the urine trickle down Eric Holder's leg. Bring yer popcorn.
- Grassley told of gun dealer cooperating with ATF on ‘straw purchases'
- Doubling down on the Project Gunwalker cover-up. Getting rid of the witnesses & "Damn the dead Border Patrol agents, full speed ahead!"
- "Project Gunwalker" Scandal Alert: Call your Senators and Congressmen and demand that the DOJ stop the deportation of witnesses to the Terry murder!
- Deportation raises questions for Grassley gun investigation
- ATF adopts the Stepin Fetchit Two-Part Plan: "Dar's de runnin' and den dar's de hidin'." Traver nomination hearing pulled from schedule by Leahy.
- Grab bag of Gunwalker stuff: Silvestre-Reyes doesn't get the memo; the Kiwis notice; Soldier of Fortune mirrors Sipsey Street
- Janet Napolitano isn't running -- except as fast and far away from the Project Gunwalker scandal as she can.
- This Just In: "The Washington Post is still dead. . . but, the corpse just twitched, a bit."
- This just in: The Washington Post is still dead, and, on a somewhat lighter note, the AZ Republic is still clueless. "Nobody died at the Watergate."
- Is ‘Project Gunwalker’ reason for Traver hearing delay?
- This just in: The Washington Post is still dead. . . although the corpse just let go some trapped flatus & "Civil discourse' for me but not for thee."
- Denethor's Trap: "Becoming your enemy is not the way to win."
- Traver material reveals anti-gun positions and troubling allies
- Lugar, Lieberman looking into ‘Project Gunwalker’ charges
- Flash: FOX News just covered Gunwalker in a piece I wasn't able to see. David and I become "other sources."
- Larry Pratt comes out swinging on the Project Gunwalker scandal while the "800 pound gorilla" NRA rests upon its considerable...
- ‘Project Gunwalker’ charges surfacing on Fox News
- GOA’s Pratt talks ‘Project Gunwalker’ over Fox host Megyn Kelly’s objections
- This just in: The Washington Post is still dead, and Obama dithers, while Hillary gathers her skirts to protect HER butt even if nobody elses.
- Shocker: ATF agent says the Dealer in the Gunwalker Scandal WAS A PAID CONFIDENTIAL INFORMANT! "Gunrunner TWO?"
- Grab bag of Gunwalker & ICE stuff.
- BREAKING STORY: CBS to take up Gunwalker Scandal tonight! Get the word out! Boost their ratings!
- Vindication. CBS runs the definitive Gunwalker story so far: Gunrunning scandal uncovered at the ATF. "You can't stop the signal, Mal."
- New ‘Project Gunwalker’ allegations could expand Grassley investigation
- BREAKING: CBS to report tonight on 'Project Gunwalker'
- CBS News video report: "Project Gunrunner" drug cartel scandal
- GOA issues Gunwalker Scandal Congressional Briefing Paper: "All right, you apes, so we took the frigging hill. Now we gotta take the next one."
- A short, if exasperated, message to the Drudge Report:
- This just in: The Washington Post is STILL Dead. Plus, now we have a bet on the table.
- Hugh Holub reports: "More on the effort to cover up the truth about the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry."
- More Gunwalker Scandal items. Check them out. "The cost of doing nothing is ultimately a human one."
- Gun group calls for House investigation of ‘Project Gunwalker’
- Gun group to Holder: Investigate ‘Project Gunwalker’ or step down
- CBS Reports: Mexican Government is hip to Bandidos Gabachos as long as they carry ATF badges, apparently.
- Anti-gun groups silent on ‘Project Gunwalker’
- The Ancient ATF - SPLC Symbiotic Monster Raises Its Ugly, Lying Head Again -- this time trying to provide cover for ATF in the Gunwalker scandal.
- Paul Helmke's deadly hypocrisy."The Brady Campaign to Ignore the Project Gunwalker Scandal." Pay no attention to the ugly reality behind the curtain!
- Mexican government shrugs off CBS News investigation on ‘walked guns’
- Codrea: Mexican government shrugs off CBS News investigation on ‘walked guns’ . Did Billy Hoover perjure himself ALREADY?
- Even ‘pro-gun’ representatives ignoring and ducking ‘Project Gunwalker’
- "Fire in the 'gloryhole!'" Pervert Vander Werf connected to Gunwalker scandal? Is Gunwalker even bigger than anybody ever thought?
- So now we have our answer & a followup question: Was another Project Gunwalker scandal firearm used to kill ANOTHER U.S. federal agent?
- T.L. Davis on the Roger Hedgecock radio show on the subject of the Project Gunwalker Scandal.
- Project Gunwalker? What Project Gunwalker? ATF changes policy and makes sure you know about it. "Look! We're actually doing our jobs now."
- That old Gunwalker smell. Feds say Zapata killer's weapon was purchased "prior to law enforcement’s awareness of the purchase." Can we believe them?
- "I've noticed that the ATF has opened up a lot of announcements for supervisory positions in the past two months." No kidding? I wonder why?
- Was ICE agent killed with ‘walked’ gun?
- Idaho Rep. to urge Darrell Issa to investigate ‘Project Gunwalker’ charges
- A Project Gunwalker Scandal Grab Bag: Questions, Indictments and a Congressman agrees to press for hearings.
- Rumor confirmed: Murdered agent Terry armed with beanbag rounds
- CBS News to air 2nd ‘Project Gunwalker’ segment and Grassley writes Holder again
- CBS interviews ATF senior agent on 'Project Gunwalker'
- ATF begins spin in wake of devastating press reports
- Questions on Gunwalker Scandal continue to mount. ATF trots out retired perjurer "Waco Jim" Cavanaugh. Reaction from one of the whistleblowers.
- ATF manages to look busy all of a sudden. Wonder why?
- "Epic Failure." So very true. An ATF agent suggests questions Sen. Grassley can ask the guilty parties in ATF & DOJ about the Gunwalker scandal.
- Holy Memory Hole, Batman! Drudge actually links a story that mentions, barely, the Gunwalker scandal. Must have been some kind of screw up.
- Watch CBS News tonight at 6:30 Eastern.
- Senator Grassley's latest letter to Holder & Melson. 5 Pages and 10 Attachments of damning documents. These guys are gonna need a real good lawyer.
- David Codrea on a live chat on Project Gunwalker scandal.
- The CBS report that will bring down an Attorney General.
- Just so ya know: CBS, the LA Times and the Center for Public Integrity are all working together on the Project Gunwalker scandal story.
- This just in from Waldo. Here's the first ATF internal spin-doctor memo on the Project Gunwalker Scandal.
- One, two, three punch: LA Times follows up on CBS & CPI. "We'll never know how many people were killed, raped, robbed." "Good business practices"?!?
- This just in: The Washington Post is still dead, but that fact is increasingly irrelevant. So much for "seems to have fizzled."
- A Sipsey Street Irregulars Surrender Leaflet to William "Gunwalker Bill" Newell.
- TONIGHT ON THE CBS EVENING NEWS!: "Sister of Slain Border Agent Murdered by Guns Linked to ATF Reacts to CBS News’ Interview with Agent."
- Limbaugh discovers Gunwalker and shares it with 20M listeners. "These guns ended up in the hands of drug cartels & have been used to kill Americans."
- CBS has more on the murder of BPA Terry. Beanbags vs. AKs. "Whoever created that policy should be committed to an institution as a danger to others."
- In retrospect, this video from October 2010 of "Gunwalker Bill" Newell is cruelly ironic.
- David Codrea doing Gunwalker Scandal radio this morning at 9 Eastern.
- CBS video from last night.
- Need help from Texas.
- A collectivist f*rt in a hurricane: Firearm prohibitionists want more power for the ATF. Bad timing, pukes. The wreck of all prohibitionist hopes.
- Dallas ATF agents say, "Hey, don't look at us, you want 'Gunwalker Bill' Newell. He's in Phoenix."
- Way to go Texicans! Dallas Morning News editorial gets it: "There’s no telling how many people died from Project Gunrunner weapons."
- The Empire calls its Stormtroopers back to the Death Star for a Project Gunwalker Scandal pep talk.
- Meanwhile, this just in, the Washington Post is still dead, the corpse trapped in a nasty meme forcefield from which there is apparently no escape.
- ATF's internal disconnect on the policy of "walking" guns. "The whole ugly program smacks of an anti-gun political agenda gone terribly wrong."
- A Little Media Advice for the ATF.
- As some in media pick up on ‘Gunwalker,’ others remain (intentionally?) clueless
- Grassley: Federal officials made whistleblower feel like skunk at picnic
- Senator Grassley's newsletter sums up this past week. "Up to this point, I’ve gotten nothing but stonewalling to my five letters."
- Even collectivists at the Daily Kos react poorly to Project Gunwalker. "This lands at Holder's feet." "I've been literally sick to my stomach."
- Karl Denniger asks: "Is It Time To Put A Fork In The BATFE?" In a word: no. The alternative is far worse.
- FLASH! The government of Mexico has formally asked the United States for details of the ATF operation “Fast and Furious”!
- "I am Spartacus!" A brief exploration into the courage and citizenship of John Dodson. "You have a face to put with it. Here I am."
- Good Question from Robert Farago: ATF Informant Smuggled 40 Guns into Mexico. How?
- Issa silence on ‘Project Gunwalker’ enabled by NRA inaction
- David Codrea just jammed a steaming foot-long up the NRA weinermobile's tailpipe. And he didn't do Darrell Issa any favors either.
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association condemns Obama remarks on ICE agents in Mexico.
- CBS confirms: Mexico requests info from U.S. on gun-running.
- No more little miss nice Hillary. State Department meets tomorrow too. And boy is Bill Clinton's alleged wife p*ssed.
- "Peripheral vision" vs. tunnel vision: It appears I have sinned against the dialectic.
- He would if he could, camarada. He would if he could.
- "Despite openness pledge, President Obama pursues leakers."
- Whaddaya know? Somebody noticed.
- ‘Project Gunwalker’ now ‘an international incident’
- David Codrea: ‘Project Gunwalker’ now ‘an international incident’
- Now this is "leadership" for you. Pretty tough talk for a convicted, admitted, extortionist.
- "White House: No comment on ATF gun-walking controversy."
- White House pleads ignorance to ‘Project Gunwalker’
- Laura Ingraham: "We're going to be staying on this story." Sharyl Attkisson featured guest on LI radio show today.
- The blame shifting & leaping to illogical exculpatory conclusions begins, but Obama's Gunwalker was a deliberate conspiracy vs. the 2nd Amendment.
- Grassley asks for independent investigator to probe ATF! Plus more Gunwalker Scandal Items. It is getting hard to keep track of them these days.
- CBS News breaks more ground on Gunwalker.
- Now this is interesting.
- Some ‘illegal’ U.S. guns being used to defend Mexican lives
- Grassley asks for independent investigation of ATF
- CBS: ‘Documents point to ATF gun running since 2008’
NOTE: For March 9, 2011 and forward, please see "A Journalist's Guide to Project Gunwalker-Part Two."
This post will be regularly updated with new links, so those interested in having a one-stop resource to keep up with Mike and my posts should bookmark it and return to keep apprised of new developments.
From other Gun Rights Examiners:
Sean McClanahan/Des Moines:
Steve D. Jones/Fort Smith:
Kurt Hofmann/St. Louis:
- 'Project Gunwalker': Another angle from which to bring the heat
- Cutting BATFE's funding sounding better and better
- Are more tax dollars to be spent facilitating arms trafficking to Mexico?
- Where is the 'gun control' movement's outrage over 'Project Gunwalker'?
- 666: Sen. Grassley exposes BATFE's Mark of the Beast
- Pushing even anti-gun senators to investigate 'Project Gunwalker' can bear fruit
- Will Media Matters apologize to Gun Owners of America's Larry Pratt?
- Breakfast with the BATFE; Mexican journalist asks Obama to 'veto' 2nd Amendment
- Why should any gun dealer cooperate with BATFE?
- Selective Seattle coverage: Bloomy gun show sting v. alleged ATF 'negligence'
- Silence in Seattle: Why is Brady Campaign defending ATF operation?
- More silence in Seattle on ‘Gunrunner’ inquiry, while Ceasefire eyes gun shows
- BULLETIN: Bellevue group calls for Senate investigation of ATF controversy
- A conspiracy of silence in ATF inquiry? Where are Murray, Cantwell?
- Bellevue’s Gottlieb, CCRKBA want ATF funding cut over ‘Gunrunner’ scandal
- Bellevue v. Beltway: Gottlieb tells Holder ‘Investigate ATF or resign’
- Bad news for WA CeaseFire: ATF trace mechanism works fine as is
- NW activists watching today’s Obama-Calderon meet; Idaho rep weighs in
- Grassley: ‘Congress needs to get to the bottom of this’
- KOMO’s Carlson turns up heat on ATF’s ‘Gunrunner’ scandal
- Seattle Times wakes up to ‘Gunrunner’ scandal…sort of