Why do so many diets end in failure? Why do some people yo-yo on the scale?
Why can't you maintain your ideal weight at all times?
If you've tried every quick-fix fad diet out there, you will soon realize that long term weight loss doesn't usually happen with these diets. Real weight loss comes with lasting, healthy lifestyle changes. Stop starving yourself, counting calories, or eliminating your a food group. Simply make the following lifestyle changes noted below as your first steps to lasting healthy weight loss.
1. TV Time: Many people are in the habit of sitting in front of the TV for hours on end after a stressful day at work. If you must watch the evening news or see your favorite show, use the time to burn a few calories. Keep some hand weights next to the couch and work your biceps and triceps. Stand up and do some squats or lunges to work your legs and buttocks. Get on the floor and do some sit-ups to tone your abs or push-ups to tone your arms. Make a change!
2. Sleep: Most adults need an average of eight hours of sleep each night. If you're not getting adequate amounts of rest, you're more likely to be hungry, overeat, and gain weight as a result of opting for quick fast food; skipping your gym workout and a slower metabolism.
3. Drink Choices: If you're one of the millions hooked on soda, alcohol, or other sweetened beverages, your weight goals may remain out of reach until you replace these drinks with water. You should also know that your brain often confuses thirst with hunger. So at the first sign of hunger, don't grab a snack or calorie-filled drinks; try some water instead!
4. Breakfast: Want to know a secret to successful weight loss? Eat breakfast! Try cutting calories by skipping breakfast, and you'll be excessively hungry by mid-morning. As a result, the healthy calories you would have eaten at breakfast are replaced with calorie-filled snacks and an over-sized lunch. Research shows that the habit of eating a healthy breakfast is key to losing weight. Get to bed 30 minutes earlier than usual and set your alarm 10 minutes earlier to give yourself time to eat breakfast!
5. Physical Activity: Weight loss is about burning more calories than you consume, so yes folks, dieting and exercise must go hand in hand. If you want to speed up weight loss, add or increase the amount and intensity of physical activity in your daily life. Aim for 30 to 45 minutes of intense exercise on most days of the week. When exercise is a normal part of your everyday routine, it's more likely to stick, and your body will become slimmer and more toned.
The quickest and most permanent weight loss comes as a result of a combination of healthy eating and consistent, challenging workouts. I'm here to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals. Call or email today to get started on a fitness program that will get you on the fast track to your best body ever.