Most Las Vegas visitors are naturally concerned about trip spending, as most have discovered that there is indeed a price for a really good time. Yet, there are some inexpensive and enjoyable activities and attractions in this town that won't siphon cash at an alarming rate or potentially endanger the kid's college funds.
In an earlier LVE article (linked below), we outlined ten of the top free attractions in Vegas. Intermix a few of those options with some of the relatively inexpensive activities below to further stretch trip dollars. Check the links for contacts and further info ( and keep in mind that Vegas things change often and without notice ; check availability and costs prior to any trip).
25 Vegas activities costing under $25 per person :
- Mac King Comedy Magic at Harrah's - This highly entertaining show can be attended for $9.95 per person with a little insider footwork. Just stop by the Total Rewards players club booth at Harrah's or ask the concierge for the discounted tickets. This is one of the best bargain shows in Vegas.
- Grab a beer at Casino Royale - This center Strip casino offers $1 Michelobs and 75-cent Coors Light drafts every day.
- Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art - The Bellagio displays themed exhibitions of some of the world's priciest and finest art works at this gallery, with an interactive audio tour of the displays. General admission is $16 per person ($13 for Nevada residents), and children 12 and under get in free.
- Ride a roller coaster - Ride the Big Apple Coaster at New York, New York for $14 per rider, or check out the city's newest coaster, El Loco, at the Adventuredome at Circus Circus for $10 per ride.
- Catch the Dueling Pianos show at New York, New York - See this popular nightlife entertainment option at the Times Square Bar at NYNY. Cover charges vary $5 - $15 per person.
- Ride the Slotzilla zipline - Ride the recently debuted Slotzilla zipline located in Downtown's Fremont Street area ; currently, rides are $20 per person for the lower level zipline ( the upper line is not operational as of this writing).
- Ride the High Roller during the day - Ride the new observation wheel attraction at the LINQ before 5:50 P.M. daily for $24.95 per rider. There is a $2 service fee added that will bring total per-rider costs up to $26.95.
- Visit the Neon Museum - Check out iconic signage from Vegas casino-hotel history at the Neon Boneyard in North Las Vegas. Tickets for day time guided tours are $18 ( night tours are $25 per person).
- Enjoy a dinner buffet - Vegas dinner buffets at the fancier locales (Bellagio, Wynn, Bacchanal, etc) are typically $35 and up per person. There are some great value dinner buffets with very palatable cuisine and service for under $25 per diner. Check out Station Casinos (seven locations, $7.99 to $19.99 dinner buffets), the Garden Buffet at South Point ( $14.95 to $23.95, depending on cuisine specialty night options), or the French Market Buffet at the Orleans ($14.99 - $20.99, depending on specialty options). All of these listed off-Strip locale dinner prices are based on use of players club cards at each location.
- Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay - See a cross-section of aquatic creatures such as sharks, exotic fish, reptiles, and sea turtles at this long-standing, popular attraction. Tickets are $18 (adults) and $12 for kids aged 5 - 12 ; kids 4 and under get in free. There are discounts for Nevada residents ($15 adults, $10 for children 5 - 12 years old).
- Get a burger and beer at El Cortez - Try this tasty combo at the Cafe Cortez coffee shop for $5 around the clock.
- Visit Madame Tussaud's (with online ticket purchase) - Visit the famous wax museum that features surreal likenesses of celebrities and iconic figures. Through the Online Saver advance ticket purchase option, tickets are $23.96 for adults and $15.96 for children ages 4 - 12. Their online advance purchase Twilight tickets ( valid for visits on Sundays through Thursdays after 6 P.M. only) are $17.97 for adults and $11.97 for children.
- Gondola rides at the Venetian - Enjoy an Italian serenade during a relaxing and entertaining gondola float ride at the Venetian/Palazzo Grand Canal Shoppes for $18.95 per person.
- Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat at Mirage - See white lions, white tigers, leopards, panthers, and bottle nose dolphins at the Mirage. Currently, prices are discounted due to ongoing renovations and are $15 for adults and $11 for children 4 - 12 years.
- Cheap graveyard dining specials - Review our recently published and extensive listing of cheap late-night (11 P.M. - 7 A.M.) dining specials in Vegas. All entries cost less than $10 per person, and many are available for less than $5.
- Mike Hammer Comedy Magic at Four Queens - Get Hammer'd at this comedy magic show at the Canyon Club at Four Queens Casino on Fremont Street. Tickets are $23 at the Four Queens Box Office.
- Eiffel Tower Experience at Paris Las Vegas - Visit one of the iconic components of the Strip skyline and experience some amazing views from atop the Eiffel Tower attraction at Paris Las Vegas. Daytime tickets are $11.50 (adults) and $7.50 (kids 12 and under and senior citizens over 60) ; night time tickets are $16.50 / $11.50 for the respective age groups.
- Visit and play at Pinball Hall of Fame - Entry to the pinball museum is free, but visitors so inclined should take a few bucks worth of quarters to play the machines. Twenty bucks would provide a few hours of enjoyable entertainment for pinball enthusiasts.
- Red Rock Canyon - Enjoy a 13-mile scenic drive at this conservation area just a few miles west of town. Costs are $7 per vehicle (cars & pickups).
- Cheap steak dinners - Check out our recently published list of cheap steak dinners (16 options) in Las Vegas. All specials are under $20 per person.
- Stratosphere Tower - Head to the top of the Stratosphere Hotel Tower for great views of the city, with basic Tower tickets costing $20 each. Rides cost extra ( average of $15 each excluding the SkyJump, which costs $119.99 and up).
- Springs Preserve - Explore the area's history through science and nature exhibits for $18.95 (adults) and $10.95 (children age 5 - 17) ; Nevada residents pay $9.95 (adults) and $4.95 (children 5 -17). Military, senior (65+), and student discounts are available.
- Shrimp cocktail at Golden Gate or Skyline - Dig into a classic Vegas shrimp cocktail at either the Golden Gate on Fremont Street ($2.95) or at Skyline Casino in Henderson ($1.49).
- Cheap happy hour specials on the Strip - Check out our recently published list ( 23 entries ) of top happy hour specials on the Las Vegas Strip. Drinks and eats for great prices on the Boulevard still exist.
- Visit the Mob Museum - Visit the Mob Museum in the Downtown area to discover a massive history of organized crime and law enforcement, including specifics of that history pertaining to Las Vegas. Tickets are $19.95 (adults) and $13.95 (children 11 - 17). Nevada resident, military, senior, and student discounts are available.