The 2014 Worldwide Wave of Action (and here) begins ~April 4 on the anniversary of Martin King’s assassination by the US government (civil court trial verdict), with this operation completing ~July 4 (Martin’ 2-minute plea to you).
Purpose of this operation:
- Expose 1% oligarchs in the US and elsewhere as OBVIOUS criminals centering in war, money, and media (also in ~100 other crucial areas).
- Cause their surrender through arrests or Truth & Reconciliation.
- Initiate true freedom for all Earth’s inhabitants to explore ready breakthroughs in economics (links here) and technology, and discover what it is to be human without psychopathic criminals who joke about killing millions, harming billions, and looting trillions.
Corporate media lies to you in OBVIOUS and easily verifiable ways:
The Church Senate Committee hearings had the cooperation of CIA Director William Colby’s testimony for the stunning disclosure that over 400 CIA operatives were controlling US corporate media reporting on specific issues of national interest in Operation Mockingbird. This game-changing testimony was confirmed by Pulitzer Prize reporter Carl Bernstein’s research. Of course, corporate media refused to publish Bernstein’s article; it became a cover-story for Rolling Stone. Bernstein provided additional information of CIA control in the Senate report and corporate media subsequent “reporting”:
“Pages 191 to 201 were entitled “Covert Relationships with the United States Media.” “It hardly reflects what we found,” stated Senator Gary Hart. “There was a prolonged and elaborate negotiation [with the CIA] over what would be said.”
Obscuring the facts was relatively simple. No mention was made of the 400 summaries or what they showed. Instead the report noted blandly that some fifty recent contacts with journalists had been studied by the committee staff—thus conveying the impression that the Agency’s dealings with the press had been limited to those instances. The Agency files, the report noted, contained little evidence that the editorial content of American news reports had been affected by the CIA’s dealings with journalists. Colby’s misleading public statements about the use of journalists were repeated without serious contradiction or elaboration. The role of cooperating news executives was given short shrift. The fact that the Agency had concentrated its relationships in the most prominent sectors of the press went unmentioned. That the CIA continued to regard the press as up for grabs was not even suggested.”
Importantly, US corporate media is heavily concentrated in just six corporations, making the message much easier to control.
Let’s consider a specific case of corporate media collusion with official government rhetoric for war on Iran. As US “leaders” threaten more unlawful war on Iran, the following three points document that the ongoing “reasons” to war-murder Iranians are known lies as they are being told. In context, we know now from official US government reports that all “reasons” for war on Iraq were known to be lies as they were told:
- President Obama lied to Israeli media a week before his March 2013 visit: “We think it would take over a year or so for Iran to actually develop a nuclear weapon.” This repeated claim is a lie because it opposes all 16 US intelligence agencies’ most current official National Intelligence Estimate (NIE – these are updated when intelligence suggests status change), all IAEA official reports from their full-time monitoring of all Iran’s nuclear material and plants, and several definitive official US reports, all while Mr. Obama and other war-mongering liars provide zero evidence to support this claim. This follows a long history of such lies. When a person makes a claim in defiance of all known objective evidence, and without any evidence of his own, any rational person conservatively concludes the claim is a known lie.
- US “leadership” in government and corporate media continuously lie with the claim Iran’s president threatened to “wipe Israel off the map.” This claim is easily proved as a criminal lie by simply reading the October 2005 speech in question. The speech’s text is crystal clear in context and content: if Israel continues to suppress Palestinian rights, Israel’s government will go down the path of Iran under the Shah, the USSR, and Iraq under Saddam. In the nine years since this speech, I have never found even one publication that walks readers through this speech to support a threat to Israel. Take five minutes to read the speech for yourself and verify the truth.
- The US overthrew Iran’s democracy from 1953 to 1979, and then used Iraq to attack, invade, and attempt to conquer Iran from 1980 to 1988. The US is responsible for the deaths of ~one million Iranians from these unlawful Wars of Aggression. To appreciate the evil of US policy on Iran to control their nation through dictatorship and vicious secret police, consider this analogy if the US were such a victim (my personal favorite), and this analogy to consider oil a criminal gang business.
This is textbook “guilt beyond reasonable doubt” because is is not at all reasonable under any spin to find the above “reporting” some kind of innocent mistake. It is deliberate and persistent lies of commission and omission that killed up to a million Iranians in recent history, and threatens to kill millions more today.
As I’ve continuously reported as an independent journalist for five years and wrote a comprehensive brief for publication and members of Congress beginning in 2006, this is criminal conspiracy between the 1% in politics and media, with both required for these paper-thin criminal lies.
This is appropriately analogous to checking the instant replay of a pitch at a baseball game that appeared ten feet over the batter’s head to make sure it really was so outrageously outside the strike-zone that an “official” call that the pitch was a strike is stating a known lie. If it was even possible to be an error when it occurred, it becomes impossible to be an error when it was not “corrected” after nine years.
I’ve written articles revealing similar obvious war propaganda identical to what we witnessed before the US attacked Iraq. An example from my article on CNN’s “reporting”:
When we now know that all claims for war with Iraq were known lies as they were told (and verbally explained here), and CNN provides similar innuendo for war by an unsourced alleged report with concerns of what might occur in the future allegedly stated by an unnamed US source reporting on an unnamed foreign source, this is propaganda and not news.
You might need to read the above twice to feel the impact of this lying sack of spin 1% choice of communication.
For another damning example, Mike Wallace of the famed television show 60 Minutes won an Emmy for a contrived interview with President Ahmadinejad in 2006, where Mr. Ahmadinejad’s comments encouraging democracy for Palestinians was edited to appear that he was hostile to Israel. You can verify this “emperor has no clothes” obvious lies and propaganda by watching the brief 5-minute clip for yourself in this article.
US corporate media lie to allow torture, a War Crime, as official US policy:
“Torture at Times: Waterboarding in the Media,” a paper published from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government that reviewed the US’ four most-read newspapers, found from the 1930s to 2004 that The New York Times reported waterboarding as torture 82% of the time, and The Los Angeles Times did so 96%. After stories broke that the US was waterboarding “detainees” in US unlawful wars, the papers’ reporting of waterboarding as torture dropped to 1% and 5%, respectfully. In addition, after the US admitted to waterboarding, The Wall Street Journal called it torture in just 1 of 63 articles (2%), and USA Today never called it torture.
US 1% corporate media lie to allow a million children to die excruciating deaths from poverty every month:
And check this “reporting” from the NY Times to bury after the comics the largest meeting of heads of state in world history. The topic was ending global poverty with proven solutions that, yes, was an investment of only 1% of the developed nations’ income. I had personal experience with this. Of course, the 1% in political “leadership” of both parties reneged on every promise to end poverty, with corporate media allowing the story, and a million children every month, to die.
Polling proves the 99% are waking to US corporate media lies:
Just as only one in five Americans report trust and satisfaction with their government (and here), Americans also perceive corporate media disinformation and are rejecting their “reporting.” According to a 2007 poll by the Pew Research Center, the majority of the American public see the US major media news organizations as politically biased, inaccurate, and uncaring. Among those who use the Internet, two-thirds report that major media news do not care about the people they report on, 59% say the news is inaccurate, 64% see bias, and 53% summarize their view on major media news as, “failing to stand up for America.” In their 2009 poll, “just 29% of Americans say that news organizations generally get the facts straight, while 63% say that news stories are often inaccurate.” Corporate media credibility fell further in their 2012 polling.
A June 2010 Rasmussen poll found 66% of voters “angry” at the media, with 33% “very angry.” Rasmussen also found 70% “angry” at current federal government policies.
And how long has corporate media been lying to the 99%….?
The genesis of oligarchic control of American major media was reported in the US Congressional Record in 1917. US Congressperson Oscar Callaway claimed evidence that J.P. Morgan had purchased editorial control over 25 of the nation’s most influential publications in order to create public support for US entry into World War 1 and his new banking legislative victory: creation of the Federal Reserve system. Mr. Callaway’s colleagues voted down an official investigation. Read this to see how even Abraham Lincoln’s powerful prose to explain and document how US war on Mexico was in obvious treaty violation didn’t have the votes to stop it. And read this to see how ridiculous the spin for US involvement in WW1 was compared to the absence of any threat to national security, followed by the 1%’s violent suppression of political dissent allegedly protected by the 1st Amendment. Of course, corporate media owns the history textbook publishing companies that “taught” you this history with the lies of omission of Lincoln’s actions to point to the rule of law and what you’ll recognize from WW1 history.
Related history is summarized and documented in this brief article, The news media at war, and Mainstream Media: Presstitutes for the Rich and Powerful.
War pimps and sock puppets:
Importantly, disinformation programs infiltrate the comments of independent writers, probably including the source that you’re reading. Expect classic rhetorical fallacies such as slurs of my character, straw-man arguments, denial of facts, lies of omission of central facts, and whatever other BS (thank you, Professor Frankfurt, for your best-seller to help explain).
The discerning characteristic of all propaganda is non-factual bravado and specious argument in order to maintain manipulative control of an agenda and distract attention from the damning facts.
You, the reader, are sharp enough to discern such propaganda. Or if not, you’d better learn if you want to end the killing of millions, harm to billions, and looting of trillions of the 99%’s dollars.
The 2014 Worldwide Wave of Action will win as Dr. King and Gandhi discovered: through trial and error. What we’ve learned through their process is broad public and political communication of the facts with simultaneous formal policy requests to honor what we’ve already won under the law. When the 1% ignore the law, it helps our cause because more of the 99% recognize the 1% are guilty of massive crimes of war and money.
Attributed to Gandhi (but unsourced) is today’s pattern we see from political and corporate media “leadership”:
First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. And then you win.
This is what the criminal 1% do when confronted with real change:
Dr. King was assassinated by the 1% to stop his “Occupy DC” plan for the summer of 1968. This is a legal fact; the verdict of the King Family Trial against the US government. This, of course, was ignored by corporate media and never spoken of by the 1% in politics today when they “praise” Dr. King’s life. Read this for the full story (you owe it to Dr. King to know the full truth); the trial evidence agreed as comprehensively valid by the jury includes:
- US 111th Military Intelligence Group were at Dr. King’s location during the assassination.
- 20th Special Forces Group had an 8-man sniper team at the assassination location on that day.
- Usual Memphis Police special body guards were advised they “weren’t needed” on the day of the assassination.
- Regular and constant police protection for Dr. King was removed from protecting Dr. King an hour before the assassination.
- Military Intelligence set-up photographers on a roof of a fire station with a clear view to Dr. King’s balcony.
- Dr. King’s room was changed from a secure 1st-floor room to an exposed balcony room.
- Memphis police ordered the scene where multiple witnesses reported as the source of shooting cut down of their bushes that would have hid a sniper.
- Along with sanitizing a crime scene, police abandoned investigative procedure to interview witnesses who lived by the scene of the shooting.
- The rifle Mr. Ray delivered was not matched to the bullet that killed Dr. King, and was not sighted to accurately shootPlease let that penetrate: the criminal 1% killed the US’ greatest Civil Rights figure in our nation’s history, our strongest voice for peace on Earth, and chose vicious dictatorial domination rather than confront Dr. King’s voice for Occupy.
Corporate media lies to this day so the 99% do not know the 1% killed Dr. King.
How dare anyone informed of the facts support the 1% and their corporate media lying sacks of spin?
Take heart, for Gandhi and Dr. King live within our hearts and minds. Please imagine: how could you have helped the Civil Rights movement if Dr. King had asked? What would you have done if Gandhi asked for your help?
In the converse: would you be proud today of rejecting Dr. King’s direct invitation for partnership in a Revolution for Civil Rights when he was only asking for public education on the clear letter and spirit of the 14th Amendment? Would you be proud today of rejecting Gandhi’s direct request for partnership in civic revolution to end the evils of unwanted imperialism by the strong against the weak?
Would you be proud to reject the 2014 Worldwide Wave of Action when the facts my colleagues and I document become “emperor has no clothes” obvious?
How Mr. Gandhi and Dr. King saw their civic educational challenge:
“One thing we have endeavoured to observe most scrupulously, namely, never to depart from the strictest facts and, in dealing with the difficult questions that have arisen during the year, we hope that we have used the utmost moderation possible under the circumstances. Our duty is very simple and plain. We want to serve the community, and in our own humble way to serve the Empire. We believe in the righteousness of the cause, which it is our privilege to espouse. We have an abiding faith in the mercy of the Almighty God, and we have firm faith in the British Constitution. That being so, we should fail in our duty if we wrote anything with a view to hurt. Facts we would always place before our readers, whether they are palatable or not, and it is by placing them constantly before the public in their nakedness that the misunderstanding… can be removed.” - Mohandas K. Gandhi, Indian Opinion(1 October 1903)
“‘A time comes when silence is betrayal.’ That time has come for us in relation to Vietnam.
The truth of these words is beyond doubt but the mission to which they call us is a most difficult one. Even when pressed by the demands of inner truth, men do not easily assume the task of opposing their government’s policy, especially in time of war. Nor does the human spirit move without great difficulty against all the apathy of conformist thought within one’s own bosom and in the surrounding world.” - Dr. Martin Luther King, “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence.”
I do not place myself in Gandhi and Dr. King’s company, and I assert that We the People are like in spirit. We will stand to arrest these murderers of millions, torturers, and stop the destructive use of trillions of our families’ and children’s dollars.
If these other titles connected to corporate media since 2012 speak to you, explore them. To be accurate, these links represent a huge network of independent activists and writers; much of what we do to help public understanding is what I call, “catch and pass” to take valuable information, make connections, and repackage in the way we best imagine to encourage education:
- Stop the Disinformation War Machine: Support Independent Media
- Project Censored: 20+ universities for media Truth over ‘junk food news’
- What we know for sure about Ukraine; what Americans must demand
- Interview: Game-changing CAFR surplus trillions explained
- Video: National School Safety Expert: Sandy Hook shooting was a fraud
- Video: World Bank Senior Attorney: ‘Humanity right on target to take back our world’
- 30+ Emmy winning journalist: 1% are ‘mercenary class, predators, looters.’ What do you say? What will you do?
- JFK assassinated by US 1% War Criminals: 4 powerful learning resources
- Again: all US talk on ‘Iran’s nuclear program’ are OBVIOUS lies
- Stages for justice: 1) Truth, 2) Non-compliance, 3) 1%’s arrests
- Arrest 1% criminals or have stupefying 1% media lies, and no solutions
- Pulitzer journalist: Corporate 1% media ‘pathetic, obsequious, LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING’
- Hey, 1% corporate media: Truth now or be War Criminals forever
- 99%’s slogan to end 1%’s Wars of Aggression, bankster looting, media lying: ‘Arrest the criminals!’
- ‘It can’t happen here’: history of government manipulation of public patriotism
- 200+ crimes & dishonorable acts since 2009 demanding US leadership arrests
- ‘Gun control’ + US unlawful wars killed 100 million; Americans should never disarm
- ‘Iraq war unlawful’: all 27 UK Foreign Affairs lawyers, 2003. ‘Official report delayed again’: UK govt today
- 20 dead children? US reneged poverty promises kill 20,000 children daily
- 2-minute video: US debt visualized. 2-minute read: US obvious solutions
- ‘War’ word origin is ‘confusion’: how 1% wage war on 99%, how to end war
- CA Finance Director: “No hidden money;” CA CAFR: $600 billion in ‘hidden’ money
- Romney threatens war-murder on Iran, repeats Obama/Bush ‘wipe off the map’ lie
- Largest mass shooting in US history? Try three massacres on Native Americans
- LIBOR lies defraud billions, yes; but essential ‘bank’ fraud costs 99% trillions
- 2012 2nd half: should 1% criminal arrests be journalists’ #1 explicit theme?
- ‘Dear Mr. President’ music videos, 2006 & 2012 versions
- Frederick Douglass advises today’s slaves to the 1% on Independence Day
- 22-minute interview: CA CAFR $600B ‘pension fund’ pays only $1B for pensions
- CA CAFR: local paper publishes 2nd letter asking Liu, Portantino responses
- Inform local papers: CAFR tax surpluses fully fund education, infrastructure
- Corporate media: anonymous ‘official’ of un-named country with generic drawing = Iran nuke ‘evidence’
- 3-minute video: CIA Director admits manipulating US news; CBS confirms
- 2-minute video: FOX edits, fakes applause for John Bolton pro-war statement
- 29-second video: FOX News: “US has moral authority to annihilate Iran because they’re evil”
- Why everyone should Occupy US 1% corporate media: they lie
- 1917: J.P. Morgan bought US corporate media to be 1%’s lying sacks of spin?