Nearly three years have elapsed since we've published our subjective best Las Vegas buffets listing. Vegas buffets evolve and change rapidly much like everything else in this town including their costs (usually increased). Best buffet ranking lists vary a lot and everybody has different favorites, though 6 or 7 individual Vegas buffets usually end up on most "best" lists. As a single tourist destination this city likely offers more options and some of the best quality buffets on the planet, and they serve as a major draw for visitors.
This article lists our current (2014) subjective listing of the top ten Vegas buffets, all of which we have patronized at least once during Vegas trips. All but one (Rio's Carnival World) of the following buffets are located on the Las Vegas Strip. This listing is not a ranking list per se, but rather what we consider the overall ten best. These certainly won't apply for everybody for a myriad of reasons.
These buffets are listed in alphabetical order and include different meal type costs. Check the associated links for operating hours and contact information. Costs are listed in order left to right for breakfast, lunch, and dinner ; specialty meal/dining options are listed for each buffet where applicable. At some buffets, diners obtain discounts that apply to standard prices simply by showing players club cards.
*Top Ten Vegas Buffets (our version) :
- Bacchanal at Caesars Palace $25.99, $35.99, $50.99 ; Champagne Brunch, $44.99 ; Weekend Dinner, $53.99 ; additional costs for Buffet of Buffets pass inclusions
- Bayside Buffet at Mandalay Bay $16.99, $20.99, $29.99 ; Brunch, $25.99
- Buffet at Bellagio $17.99,$21.99, $32.99 ; Weekend Brunch, $28.99 ; Gourmet Dinner, $38.99
- Buffet at MGM Grand $17.25, Weekday Champagne Brunch $19.99, Weekday Dinner $29.99 ; Thursday Seafood Night, $32.99
- Buffet at Wynn $21.99, $25.99, $38.99 ; Champagne Brunch, $47.99 ; Brunch, $65.00
- Carnival World Buffet at the Rio $20.99, $22.99, $30.99 ; Champagne Brunch, $29.99 ; Seafood Dinner, $44.99
- Cravings Buffet at Mirage $16.79, $21.99, $28.99 ; Champagne & Bloody Mary Brunch, $31.99
- Flavors Buffet at Harrah's $18.99, $20.99, $24.99 ; Champagne Brunch, $27.99
- Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood $21.99, $24.99, $30.99 ; Weekend Dinner, $33.99; Champagne Brunch, $33.99
- Wicked Spoon at Cosmopolitan Daily Brunch, $26.99; Daily Dinner, $38.00; Weekend Brunch, $34.00 ; Weekend Dinner, $41.00
*Most of the above buffets have reduced pricing for children ages 5 - 12 ( $12 - $20, depending on meal type).
We'd like to mention three additional Vegas buffets for good reason. The Sterling Champagne Brunch at Bally's is routinely lauded as a top Vegas buffet experience, but we've never sampled it because of cost ($90 +). Two other off-Strip buffets that we have patronized and continue to enjoy( partly because of reasonable costs) are South Point's Garden Buffet and the French Market Buffet at the Orleans. The latter two buffets have great food options and detailed staff service at very reasonable pricing. They both somewhat epitomize good off-Strip, locals-type buffets..and they are quite good based on our experiences.
- Sterling Champagne Brunch at Bally's $90+
- Garden Buffet at South Point ** $9.45, $11.95, $18.95 ; Brunch, $18.95 ; Seafood Fridays Dinner, $24.95 ; Luau Night, $19.95
- Orleans French Market Buffet ** $8.99, $9.99, $16.99 ; Friday Night Prime Rib/Seafood, $24.99; Saturday Dinner, $20.99; Sunday Champagne Brunch, $13.99; Sunday Prime Rib/Shrimp Scampi Dinner, $20.99
** Players Club members receive $1 - $6 discounts per meal at both Garden and French Market Buffets
Inherently, Las Vegas buffet choices are highly subjective and at least partially influenced by individual patron's likes, dislikes, costs, and particular experiences at a given location. Our selections are primarily based on cuisine quality and variety along with customer service and dining environment. The costs for our above top ten buffets are among the priciest in Las Vegas, which reiterates that one usually gets what they pay for.