Three releases from the Rolling Stones have gotten Grammy nominations for the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, which will take place on Jan. 26, 2014, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. CBS will telecast the ceremony in the United States.
Here are the nominations, including all the nominees in the categories.
Best Rock Song
This award is given to the songwriter(s).
- Rolling Stones, "Doom and Gloom" — Songwriters: Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
- Gary Clark Jr., "Ain't Messin 'Round" — Songwriter: Gary Clark Jr.
- Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear, "Cut Me Some Slack" — Songwriters: Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear
- Black Sabbath, "God Is Dead?" — Songwriters: Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi and Ozzy Osbourne
- Muse, "Panic Station" — Songwriter: Matthew Bellamy
Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package
This award is given to the art director(s).
- The Rolling Stones, "The Brussels Affair" — Art directors: Charles Dooher and Scott Sandler
- Mayer Hawthorne, "How Do You Do" (Limited Edition Box Set) — Art director: Mayer Hawthorne
- Mumford & Sons, "The Road To Red Rocks" (Special Edition) — Art director: Ross Stirling
- Various Artists, "The Smith Tapes" — Art director: Masaki Koike
- Paul McCartney and Wings, "Wings Over America" (Deluxe Edition) — Art directors: Simon Earith and James Musgrave, art directors
Best Historical Album
This award is given to the album's producer(s) and mastering engineer(s).
- The Rolling Stones, "Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965" — Compilation producers: Teri Landi, Andrew Loog Oldham and Steve Rosenthal. Mastering engineer: Bob Ludwig.
- New York Art Quartet, "Call It Art 1964-1965" — Compilation producers: Joe Lizzi and Ben Young. Mastering engineers: Steve Fallone, Joe Lizzi and Ben Young.
- Bill Withers, "The Complete Sussex And Columbia Albums" — Compilation producer: Leo Sacks. Mastering engineers: Joseph M. Palmaccio, Tom Ruff and Mark Wilder.
- Various Artists, "Pictures of Sound: One Thousand Years of Educed Audio: 980–1980" — Compilation producers: Patrick Feaster and Steven Lance Ledbetter. Mastering engineer: Michael Graves.
- Sir Georg Solti, "Wagner: Der Ring Des Nibelungen" (Deluxe Edition) — Compilation producer: Philip Siney. Mastering engineer: Ben Turner.