For the 17th consecutive year, the reigning NL East division champion Atlanta Braves will hold its spring training at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (ESPN WWoS), located at the Walt Disney World Resort.
The first spring training game for the Braves takes place Feb. 26 again the Detroit Tigers, who will also return on March 2 and March 21.
In 2014, the Braves’ spring training schedule will see the Braves play some of Major League Baseball’s best teams, including the reigning World Series Champion Boston Red Sox and National League Champion St. Louis Cardinals. The Braves will play the Cardinals on March 15, then the Red Sox on March 22.
Also on the schedule are the New York Yankees (first game on March 3) and the Washington Nationals (first game on March 4), the games with these teams forming the core of the Braves’ 17-game schedule at Champion Stadium at ESPN WWoS. In addition to its afternoon games, the Braves’ spring training lineup includes three night games.
The Braves’ spring training roster keeps many players found the 2013 National League East champion squad. Spring training fans can expect to see first baseman Freddie Freeman, right fielder Jason Heyward, left fielder Justin Upton and shortstop Andrelton Simmons.
The Braves’ pitching staff also remains mostly unchanged from the league-leading ERA lineup of last year, with the exception of Tim Hudson who left for the Giants. The projected rotation includes Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Brandon Beachy and Alex Wood, with Craig Kimbrel, Jordan Walden and Luis Avilan in the bullpen.
2014 Atlanta Braves spring training home schedule
- Wednesday, Feb. 26 – Detroit Tigers – 1:05 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 28 – Houston Astros – 6:05 p.m.
- Sunday, March 2 – Detroit Tigers – 1:05 p.m.
- Monday, March 3 – New York Mets – 1:05 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 4 – Washington Nationals – 1:05 p.m.
- Thursday, March 6 – Washington Nationals – 6:05 p.m.
- Saturday, March 8 – Miami Marlins – 1:05 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 11 – Philadelphia Phillies – 1:05 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 12 – Washington Nationals – 1:05 p.m.
- Friday, March 14 – Tampa Bay Rays – 1:05 p.m.
- Saturday, March 15 – St. Louis Cardinals – 1:05 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 19 – New York Yankees – 1:05 p.m.
- Friday, March 21 – Detroit Tigers – 1:05 p.m.
- Saturday, March 22 – Boston Red Sox – 1:05 p.m.
- Sunday, March 23 – New York Mets – 1:05 p.m.
- Monday, March 24 – Houston Astros – 6:05 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 26 – Miami Marlins –1:05 p.m.
Information on the Braves’ Spring Training season tickets, suite/hospitality, group tickets and mini-plans is available by visiting the Atlanta Braves section of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex website, or by calling the Premium Sales team at 407/939-GAME (4263).
Available once again in 2014 is the mini-pack option, which offers four separate three-game options; the mini-packs allow baseball fans the first chance to purchase tickets to specific games on spring training schedule. Other options, such as group sales and single-game tickets, are also available.