2013 has been a year in which all of the hopes, predictions, quixotic climate fixes and eco-propaganda of the progressive climate crusaders have been dashed by actual climate behavior and new science. Almost everything that could go wrong did go wrong for the cause of costly global warming controls.
Here are some of the bad news for global warming believers:
• 2013 marks the seventeenth year of no warming on the planet;
• sea ice in the Antarctic set a record, extending over a greater area than at any time since 1979, and set the lowest recorded temperature in history;
• the Arctic ice cap has increased by 50% since 2012;
• in December, U.S. weather stations reported over 2000 record cold and snow days, and 60% of the U.S. was covered in snow, twice as much as last year;
• this year the Holy Land, Jerusalem saw 16 inches of snow fall, and snow covered Cairo for the first time in more than 100 years;
• for the first time, major warmists media (The Economist, Reuters, New York Times and the London Telegraph) admitted that the science was not settled on global warming;
• layoffs and bankruptcies continued to mount for European and North American companies producing solar panels and wind turbines, as their massive “renewable energy” government subsidies run out;
• the “fracking” for cleaner and abundant petroleum shale energies has been embraced in the U.K., U.S., Australia and even China;
• the second phase of the Kyoto Protocol carbon controls has been abandoned by the U.S., Canada, much of Western Europe, China and Japan.
2013 was the best of years for climate skeptics. 2013 was the worst of years for climate change enthusiasts and their eco-group propagandists. (The Global Warming Policy Foundation, Dec. 20, 2013)
Subscribe free to this Column by clicking the blue-highlighted "Subscribe" line next to author's photo.