Skip to main content

The Latest

  • Glenn Cunningham
    Glenn Cunningham was born to run
    Born on August 4, 1909 in Atlanta, Kansas, Glenn Cunningham was dealt a severe blow in his early years, but went on to show the world the champion residing within him.While a boy in school, Glenn was trapped in a fire that badly burned both his...
  • Wood stove fire going
    Cures for hard-starting wood-burning stoves
    In the middle of winter when temperatures are very cold and the wind is biting, a nice cozy fire to warm up to is what many people look forward to at the end of the day. But some wood-burning stoves just won’t start, or take forever to get...
  • 'Burn for Me' is the first book of the Hidden Legacy series!
    Review of 'Burn for Me' by Ilona Andrews, a new world of magic and mayhem
    Ilona Andrews has been rising in the paranormal genre with her Kate Daniels series, as well as her Edge series. However, the first book of her new Hidden Legacy series, Burn for Me, which was published by Avon, takes Andrews to a whole new level...
  • Snow Removal Equipment
    Edison, New Jersey Department of Public Works garage destroyed by fire
    According to the Home News Tribune, a four-alarm fire at the Edison, New Jersey Department of Public Works garage on Thursday night around 10 p.m. burned out of control until about 1 a.m. Friday. The fire destroyed eleven salt spreaders with...
  • Fire Damages Queens Church
    Fire rips through Queens Catholic Church hours before Sunday Mass
    A fire ripped through a Queens Catholic Church Sunday morning, canceling Mass for the residents of Corona. The two-alarm blaze occurred sometime before 6 a.m., stopping the church’s clock tower approximately five minutes after the call for...
  • American Red Cross steps in to help Glen Ellyn residents displaced by fire
    American Red Cross steps in to help Glen Ellyn residents displaced by fire
    The American Red Cross was established and still exists today in order to help people in need by providing them with compassionate care. Ordinarily when we consider the Red Cross it is in disaster relief situations that are large in scope. It is...
  • Christmas Tree Fire in Setauket
    Christmas Tree Fire in Setauket
    A Setauket family experienced a horrific tragedy when their home went up in flames during dinner on Christmas Eve. The family, including two young children, were able to make it out of the home unharmed. The two-story home on North Ridge Road was...
  • Sayonara Motel
    Man dies in North Amityville motel fire
    A 56-year-old man was killed early Sunday morning when flames engulfed his motel room in North Amityville, Suffolk County police said.Investigators said Kevin Furey was in a second-floor room at the Sayonara Motel at 831 Broadway in North...
  • Fireplace at the holidays
    Don't let a chimney fire ruin the holidays
    As the weather gets colder and the holidays approach, more people are using - and abusing, their wood stoves and fireplaces. A chimney fire during this time can ruin the day. According to the National Fire Protection Association, over 15,000...
  • Jessica Chambers identifies attacker: Teen dies after being burned alive in fire
    Jessica Chambers identifies attacker: Teen dies after being burned alive in fire
    Jessica Chamber's horrific murder shocked police and investigators say the teen was attacked, beaten, and burned alive after being deliberately set on fire. Now, according to a Dec. 9 report fromThe Blaze, investigators might be looking to the...
  • First female firefighter loss in Philly
    1st Philly female firefighter dies in line of duty
    A fire that ripped through a home early this morning in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia has claimed the life of Philadelphia firefighter, Joyce Craig Lewis. Lewis the first female firefighter to be killed in the line of duty in the...
  • Victoria Pierro saves family: Fire ravages home, 6 year-old girl hailed a hero
    Victoria Pierro saves family: Fire ravages home, 6 year-old girl hailed a hero
    Victoria Pierro saves her family from a fire and the little 6-year-old girl is now being hailed a hero. After smelling smoke and realizing that her family's home was on fire, Victoria Pierro woke up and raced to notify her parents of the...
  • Fire destroys home, kills dog of animal shelter volunteers
    Fire destroys home, kills dog belonging to animal shelter volunteers
    Two animal shelter volunteers lost their home and most of their possessions after a fire broke out on Friday, according to WSBTon Sunday. One of their beloved dogs was also killed in the fire.Cheryl Hunt of Niles, Ind. is a familiar face on local...
  • South Hollywood
    South Hollywood fire at Just Tires
    Monday night, at approximately 10:30pm, the residents of South Hollywood were woken up by sirens and helicopters hovering over the intersection of Highland and Waring. A neighbor who lives right behind the commercial site heard an explosion that...
  • Arson fire Poland: Why was 750-year-old tree burned? Oldest in Poland, damaged
    Arson fire Poland: Reason for tree fire unknown, 750 y/o 'grandpa' oak damaged
    An arson fire in Poland to a 750-year-old tree has community members frustrated and forest rangers confused as to the motive behind damaging the beloved oak. Often called the “grandpa” tree in the area, Warsaw officials are...