Skip to main content

2012 Articles - Page 2

EIC tax table for 2013, 2014

February 19, 2013
The earned income tax credit (eitc) is a federal income tax credit for low and moderate income American families. General qualifications include having a valid social security number (this includes the qualifying child), earning income from employment (including self-employment...
Continue

Tax credits for children 2013, 2014

February 18, 2013
Tax credits for children make up the single most common way Americans add money to their tax refund. Love'em to death or wish you could hide them in someone else's house, your children are worth money...
Continue

IRS 1040 tax form 2013, 2014

February 18, 2013
Tax season is here, and for those people who have never filed their taxes themselves before, the first step is deciding which form to use. Gone are the days where the IRS mailed taxpayers the proper form to complete. In...
Continue

Year in Review: Best of 2012 (Photos)

January 11, 2013
Today we're going to examine some of my favorite experiences and tastings of 2012. There is quite a lot to cover, so let's get started shall we?10.) Cravo & Canela Cachaça - A...
Continue

Top 10 Best Television Shows of 2012

January 8, 2013
It’s a little late in the game; however, it still remains significant. Paying a bit of tribute to some of the best television series of 2012 is a must, seeing as how TV in the past year had...
Continue

Astrologer accurate for 2012 - a look back

January 7, 2013
As a long time practicing astrologer and psychic I am routinely asked, by believers and skeptics, the same question: How accurate are these predictive arts anyway? While I never claim that any method of metaphysical forecasting is flawless, I...
Continue

Top 2012 Chicago Headlines

January 3, 2013
There were several top stories in 2012 that affected the black community in Chicago more than any other ethnic group and Examiner.com reflects back on them.JANUARYWalmart Stores Inc. opened its first South Side store at 8301 S. Holland...
Continue

Top 5 special needs TV moments of 2012

January 3, 2013
In 2012, television shows took the opportunity to educate and inspire watchers about those with special needs. Some of these television moments were pieces of reality while others were manufactured for the purpose of the show, but all have touched...
Continue

2012 environmental year in review

January 3, 2013
For most, the beginning of a new year causes reflection and a general analysis of the year that has passed. On top of the reflection of 2012 and the environment is the resignation of Lisa P. Jackson, President Barack...
Continue

Most watched music videos of 2012

January 2, 2013
I went on YouTube and Vevo to compile a list of the most watched music videos that were released in 2012. Carly Rae Jepsen's video for "Call Me Maybe" went viral this year, receiving 375...
Continue

Pages